D.C. Area Babies
Options

Mandarin Chinese Playdates In Ashburn

I am looking for other Mandarin speaking families with children between the ages of 1-2 to participate in playdates.  I was born in Taiwan but grew up in the states.  I speak Mandarin Chinese but it is a shame that I have lost some of my abilities to read and most of my abilities to write in Chinese.  I would like to raise my son (age 1) to be bilingual.  With that said, I like to form a playgroup where we learn to identify everyday objects, sing songs and rhymes in Madarin.  The playdate will be very low key and we can determine how often we would like to meet during our first meeting.  Please e-mail me if you think this is a group for you and your child. 

awang@rvia.org 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mandarin Chinese Playdates In Ashburn

• Options
    thats a great idea!  i dont speak it though.  although id love to learn and have Haley learn as well...as her soon to be auntie is from China!  :)
  • Options

Trieulam, Thank you for your interest.  It is alright that you don't speak Mandarin.  We can start by identifying every day items such as their toys and the foods they eat.  How does that sound?  I think the key is to reinforce what we teach and learn when we're not at these playdates. 

I also posted on the Group section of Craigslist.  Give me a week to see if there are any other responses before I determine where we'll have our first playdate. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"