Canada Babies
Options

Is Kate that popular in Canada?

DH and I were talking about girl names last night. We really don't agree on any names and have way different tastes.

He really likes names like Katelynn, Kaylee etc. and more popular names from the 80's. Totally not my style. He also likes very girly names.

He mentioned the name Kate a few times. I don't think I ever considered this name because I think it's really popular and over used. So is it? It is a really pretty name...

Whats your opinion on Kate? I think it's growing on me.

Other names on the list are Brooke and Leah. Although my friends daughter is Brooklyn, so I am vetoing Brooke. And DH isn't quite sold on Leah. We aren't even close to finished looking at girl names, but atleast this is a start.

Re: Is Kate that popular in Canada?

• Options
    I've found Kate to be more popular in the Maritimes than anywhere else. Every Kate I know here in Calgary was either born in NB/NS/PEI or their family originated from the maritimes.?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

There is a Kate in DD#1's room at daycare.  It doesn't seem to be super popular here. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I love the name Kate. I don't know that many Kates, so I wouldn't say it's as popular as, say, Grace (I have so many friends with DD's named Grace).

HTH!

• Options
    as you know, DD is Kate (Katelyn.)  She's the only one I know here in Cowtown.  I love the name=)
  • Options
    I'm not really into super common names, but Kate is one of my favorites.  I only know a couple of Kate's and they're all my age.  I think it's a great name for a baby, I don't think it's an overused name at all.
  • Options
    jjpnb08jjpnb08 member
    I think Kate is such a great strong name! ?I know a few Kate's but they are older in their early 20's. ?I think you should use it;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"