Orange County Babies
Options

Scheduled hospital tour and course at Hoag!

I'm so excited!! Just wanted to share my excitement :)

Re: Scheduled hospital tour and course at Hoag!

• Options
    I think you are going to love it. My sister had her baby their last year and it was a wonderful hospital! All the rooms were very spacious with huge windows looking over the ocean, and all the nurses were really nice...
  • Options
    We have our Hoag tour scheduled this Sunday, we can't wait! I've heard you feel like on vacation with the ocean views.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have ours May 3rd at 1pm. ?When are you girls doing you classes? ?We're Friday nights in July.
  • Options
    Hoag is great, especially with the new womens pavilion! I have had kids in both the old hospital and the new. I can't wait to visit it again in September. I just wanted to add that not all of the rooms have an ocean view (but it is still a cool view none the less) and I hear that EVERYONE requests the ocean view rooms. The nurse I had last time seemed relieved that I didn't care. Enjoy your tour! K
  • Options

imageOCKylie:
    We have ours May 3rd at 1pm.  When are you girls doing you classes?  We're Friday nights in July.

Our class is on a Monday in mid-June sometime. Which class are you taking?

• Options
    When are you supposed to schedule? I think this was posted before but what classes were beneficial. We are definitely doing the Super Sat. class
  • Options
    You will LOVE it!  One of the best moments of my life (I know, this is so sappy) was waking up in my L&D room there, and watching the sunrise on the bay with DH right before I started pushing, knowing our baby was almost here.  It was incredible!
  • Options

So you have to request an ocean view room? I thought it was a "first come, first served" basis (i.e. whatever's available is what you get). Do you have to pay more for a view?

I had surgery at Hoag and had a lovely view of Lido Island from my window, which wasn't very big. I've heard the L&D ward is even better!

How early should you schedule classes/tours?

• Options

imageMissLinz:
    When are you supposed to schedule? I think this was posted before but what classes were beneficial. We are definitely doing the Super Sat. class

They tell you to schedule ASAP, because the classes fill up quick, especially the super sat ones.  I didnt schedule mine until a couple of weeks ago (cause I'm a slacker) but still got the classes I wanted. We're going in May sometime.

We're doing a super sat, and baby saver at Hoag.  Then H is doing daddy bootcamp at Saddleback.  Oh and we already had our breastfeeding class (at Irvine cause it was slightly cheaper than Hoag). 

• Options
    It's not so much that you have to, it was my impression that everyone asks for them, and some women want them badly. I mean, I think they start from who is done delivering first, but some ladies feel that if they came into the hospital first, they should have "dibs" on the next ocean view room and leave it empty until they are done. They asked me if I wanted one, and I said it didn't matter (I see the ocean everyday) and the nurse was very relieved. I took it to mean that she was able to give it to someone making a stink about the ocean view room. There isn't any charge I am aware of, it's not like it used to be, where you could pay extra to get a private room. But when they aren't all ocean view, and everyone wants one, it does cause some problems I'm sure. HTH, K
  • Options
    I scheduled my tour today, and the woman on the phone laughed and said she loved it! She said, "That's why this place is called Hoag Hotel and Spa!" Sadly though, she said if it was available, then fine, but it couldn't be reserved. :::snicker::: My midwest family would pop a cork if they saw pictures of the lovely waves crashing behind me as I cradled my newborn! They already think I'm living "The O.C." lifestyle. Ha! ;)
  • Options

I'm late on this one, but thought I would chime in.  The ocean view rooms are definitely first come, first serve.  And the L&D dept is always at high census (max capacity), so it's really the luck of the draw when you get there.  They are even talking about wanting a new building because they are busting at the seams.  Spa?  I don't know, but the facility is super nice and the staff is awesome.  All the nurses are great (but I am biased).  ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love that hospital, but I have many bad memories!
  • Options
    Lurker butting in - I didn't realize they gave tours? We already had our Super Saturday birth class and they didn't take us on a tour, or really mention a tour. Is that something you recommend? They just when you're in labor to valet park and then go up to the 5th floor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejanbrady:
    Lurker butting in - I didn't realize they gave tours? We already had our Super Saturday birth class and they didn't take us on a tour, or really mention a tour. Is that something you recommend? They just when you're in labor to valet park and then go up to the 5th floor.

Yup, they give tours on Sundays.... it's free but you have to call ahead and reserve your spot.

Here's the link: Hoag Hospital, scroll down to maternity tours. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"