Baby Showers
Options

How big is too big for your shower?

Right now I have 77 people. OMG that sounds huge.

Re: How big is too big for your shower?

• Options

Lol i am in the same boat! I loved growing up with a big family but Jezze i now wish i had a small one it would be cheaper LOL! iyahayah i have about 80 ppl(and this is just my family since my boyfriend's parents are in FL and his only aunt lives in CA) and out of that only about 10-15 are friends!

• Options
    To me, that's huge.  Showers I've always been to have been about 20 - 30 tops. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

That is huge... I have a friend who's pregnant also, and she expects about 70-75 people to attend - so, she split it into friends and family.  I'm giving the family shower and her aunt is hosting the friends' shower.  So, there'll probably only be around 35 people at each shower, which is manageable.

Just make sure to treat it like a wedding, and ensure you get at least a few seconds to speak with everyone that comes.  Whether this means you greet the guests at the door, or make sure to stay near the exit to say goodbye as they are leaving.

Also, here's a time management idea for bigger showers.  I recently went to a baby shower that was pretty big (about 55 people?) and instead of playing games, we did an activity - colored fabric squares with markers to make a quilt for baby.  After the hostess explained the activity, the guest of honor started opening gifts while we were working on our squares.  That way, we were doing something during the present opening (which obviously took a long time with that many people/gifts), and it made the game time/present time overlap so that it didn't take quite so long.  As it was, the shower was 3 hours long.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    im having about 50-55 people, which some would consider big.  but both dh & i have a big family and very close friends... it's not your fault you're loved, lol.
  • Options
    ive gotten it down to 69 by cutting distant friends i dont hang with alot. still seems like alot though!
  • Options
    Hello! I see you are having a baby shower coming up...please check out my website where I have diaper cakes I have for sale.  I have thrown over 15 baby showers for friends and family and each time I make a diaper cake.  They are the talk of the party.  They are beautiful as a center piece decoration but also the mamma gets to use EVERYTHING on the cake!!! In addition to cakes I make hand painted, washing machine safe, onesies and toddler t-shirts. 
    www.hovermak.etsy.com is my online shop, please pass it along to your friends and family!!!
  • Options
    Uhmmmm I am almost ashamed to put this but currently we have 140 on our guest list we figure that about 1/2 to 2/4 will show up.  We decided on having just one big shower rather that separate showers.  I have literally thrown over 10 showers for other just because its what I love to do, so thankfully, my closet friends and family are working together to pull it off.  We have large families and I have a lot of friends, I am a extremely friendly person.  I am also very very involved at my church and the total above includes a number of my churhc family as well.  For us alot of people are aware of our previous 2 m/c and they just really want to share in the celebration for our bundle of joy.........so I say no such thing as too big!  (Slightly w/ a cring, lol)
  • Options
    I'd say over 50 is too big...only because it gets boring watching the mom-to-be open gifts!  LOL  If it is a couples shower then it is OK since the number of gifts would be cut in half.  Are all 77 coming?
  • Options

imageEastCoastBride:
    To me, that's huge.  Showers I've always been to have been about 20 - 30 tops. 

This. If someone really wants to throw you that big a shower, count your lucky stars! If you're creating the massive guest list (and it does NOT seem to jive with what the hostess thought she'd be planning), whittle it down or split it into multiple showers.

• Options

My mo is giving me my shower, and she said she'd like no more than 60 people there. So i figure with a guest list of 69 im pretty safe.

• Options
    I say the more the merrier...I think having a shower that big is great!
  • Options
    If everyone we invited shows up, we will probably have around 70-80 people!
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I have 90, so now you shouldn't feel so bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow, these seem huge to me! ?I've never been to a shower with more than 20 people. ?I felt bad because I invited almost 30 to one of mine! ?:)
  • Options
    my bridal shower was 120 prople! We played gift bingo which helped. I decided for this shower to do my side & DHs seperate as it was just too much, so i am having 2 with 50ish pl at each.
  • Options
    we sent out 86 invited and 67 RSVP are expected to show.. it just depends on who you know, my FI and I both have large extended family's that we are close too...
    Baby girl #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

LOL I'm a little scared to say but on the list so far, just for the Philadelphia shower there are about 100 people on the guest list and we're expecting about 60-70 of them to show up to the BBQ {which includes mainly DH's HUGE family and my co-workers and friends} and my NY shower I was told has an estimated 150 listed including my mother's church friends and the rest of my family...I think if someone is willing to host a shower of this magnitude for you, then you're a just a blessed person and you should start shopping for hostess gifts NOW!!

Have fun!

• Options

Holy Mackerel! 

That's alot of people!  I guess everyone's circumstance is different. 

Personally, I would try to scale it back.  I recently went to a shower and it got pretty boring waiting for all of the gifts to be opened.  My mom told me that baby showers are supposed to be more intimate than bridal showers.

Just my 2cents..

*good luck*

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"