Texas Babies

A little better today

Isabella has nursed a bit better today.  I have pumped some before nursing and that seemed to help her a bit.  I'm also only going to nurse one side at a time.  I swear..>I think I have super boobs...LOL.  So much milk comes out.  I'm scared that if I start pumping, they will go into hyper drive and think I have twins or something!

Thanks for the thoughts and advice yesterday....

I did call the LC consultant at St. Lukes and hope to talk with them tomorrow and see if they have advice and thoughts on the matter!

Hope you gals had fun yesterday at the rummage sale.

Re: A little better today

• I am glad things were better today! ?Well, it sounds like you really are?experiencing?some oversupply! ?I haven't dealt with that much oversupply personally, but from the sound of what some of the gals on 0-6 have expierienced, they have had great success with "block nursing". ?I think it has quite a bit of info on the LLL website about it and oversupply issues in general (more than kellymom.com)

GL!!!?

• Michelle, how much do you get out of one breast when you pump? I'll get between 2-3 oz's.  But I don't think James gets that much when he nurses b/c he doesn't suckle as consistently.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Depends on the side really.  If I only pump...I can get about 4 oz from my right side...about 2-3 oz from my left.

If I feed a bit and then pump, I get about 2 oz from my right, 1-2 from my left.

I think it's crazy, but maybe I'm wrong.

So I spoke too soon b/c we've had a VERY fussy day.  

Kate...are you experiencing any fussiness/whiney times with James?  Just wondering b/c I read that this can happen between 3-6 weeks....and well, it's happening at my house! LOL

• imageMichelley1210:

Depends on the side really.  If I only pump...I can get about 4 oz from my right side...about 2-3 oz from my left.

If I feed a bit and then pump, I get about 2 oz from my right, 1-2 from my left.

I think it's crazy, but maybe I'm wrong.

So I spoke too soon b/c we've had a VERY fussy day.  

Kate...are you experiencing any fussiness/whiney times with James?  Just wondering b/c I read that this can happen between 3-6 weeks....and well, it's happening at my house! LOL

yes we've had more awake hours and fussiness recently.  I also am getting about the same amount when I pump.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"