St. Louis Babies
Options

Raising kids in St. Louis

Why do you think you will or have enjoyed raising children in St. Louis.  I know St. Louis gets a bad rap in the rest of the country and I always feel like I am defending myself  to the in laws by saying " No it really is a good place to raise kids." 

Besides the free attractions like the zoo and museums there is just a closeness  and atmosphere here that is hard to explain.  I just think it is so cool that we live in a city with such a strong history, character and potential.  Yes I believe St. Louis has potential and that we didn't peak in 1904. 

So why do you like raising children here?  Maybe someone else can describe it more eloquently than I can.   

Re: Raising kids in St. Louis

• Options

We do get an awful rap from the rest of the country.  It's funny, isn't it?  We are always at the top of the crap lists and the bottom of the good lists, yet we defend our city and imagine that we are a forward-thinking metropolis.  

This is the best place to raise my kids because all of our family is within a two hour drive.  Also, I have (most of us do) roots in this city.  My immigrant great-grandparents came here from Germany and opened a bakery on the southside.  I like that I can drive Nolan around this city and say "Mommy went to school there" and "Grandma went to school there" and "There's where your great-great grandparents lived."

Just some random thoughts.  :) 

• Options

I just pretty much feel like you.

I think St. Louis has an AMAZING history, all the different neighborhoods, people, etc. I feel like I'm always learning new things and I can't wait to show my son (and future children) the history aspect of our city. There are great school districts, parks, museums and of course the zoo. 

I love that we get to experience every season, that my kids are going to be able to have typical summers and winters. 

There is more, I'm sure! Big Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"