Minnesota Babies

Strollers

We are starting to look at strollers and am sooo confused!  I'm not sure what to get.  We looked in USA Baby and fell in love with the Chicco Cortina travel systems becuase they were so easy to use (especially in the folding and unfolding - which we had so much trouble with others trying to figure it out) and seemed very durable and well made.  But then I've been reading a lot about strollers that allow you to turn the seats so baby can face you while you stroll (an option the Chicco does not have).  Question - if you have or are looking at a stroller that has the seat that turns to face you...do you love it?  I feel that might be something we really want, but aren't sure since this is our first baby.  Also, we've had a hard time finding these strollers in stores (minus the uber expensive ones) but find a lot online (ie, Amazon.com) so we're a little uneasy buying without trying first.  I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts about strollers - what they loved/hated about theirs, etc.  Thanks everyone!

Re: Strollers

• We have an eddie bauer travel system. And I wish we had something else.......I wish we would have researched more, and got one what faces me. He doesn't like that he can't see us.

Also about buying online, they do have return policies so just check before you buy.?

• We have the CIty Mini & I can't wait to use it :) it is not a "travel system" but can be. It is Small (under 17lbs)  & has a True "one handed fold" we got our stroller at Baby on Grand. Let me know if you want to know more but I had never seen it in all my research until a great sales ladie showed it to me. After that I want home to googled it & was Happy to find eveyone loved it. The only Neg. thing I have found about it is that you have to buy all the "extras" & some people thought becuse the brand is called "Baby Jogger" that this stroller was a "jogger" but it is not, that user error as it is printed everywere (even on the Box)

Here is a link the one we have. 

https://babyjogger.com/city_mini_lp.aspx

I should add that having the sit turn arond was not a big thing f. or me as we do have a "Click n Go" stroller we will us with the Car seat & that way out little Man can face us.

• Loading the player...
  • We have the Chicco Cortina Travel system and really like it.  We also have a jogging stroller too.  Honestly for us, I don't think having the baby facing us was such a big deal, since they did that anyways while they are still in the infant seat.  Now that DS is bigger, he's more interested in seeing what's going on in front of him. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • After a little research and a referral from Payne we looked into the baby jogger city elite, since we do a TON of walking.  I realized that the extra $$ for the baby jogger was more worth it then getting a travel system that the baby would grow out of really soon.  Our original travel system had the baby carrier that only went up to 18lbs, and the stroller went only to 35lbs, I didn't want to be spending money on another stroller in a year and a half when they aren't cheap in the first place.  Our baby jogger is rated up to 75lbs, and I figure by then he won't want to be in the darn thing anymore anyway :).  It's the same as Payne's you just pull one cord and it folds perfectly in half and can be stowed, it's got a locking front wheel which I liked, and lots of storage!!  We weren't concerned with the front/rear facing stuff.
  • We have this one:

https://www.target.com/Baby-Trend-Travel-System-Mesa/dp/B0019ICD0M/qid=1239986058/ref=br_1_9/189-5908718-5236761?ie=UTF8&node=3579971&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

It's GREAT! It folds up perfect (the whole thing folds...but also plus the hand rail) and fits right in the trunk of my car. We've used it a tone, indoor and outdoor, and it glides really smooth. She's always out within a couple minutes and sleeps the whole time. When they are infants, you just latch the carseat into the stroller and the baby faces you. Once they outgrow that, they sit in it like a regular stroller. We would recomend this one.

Ashley & Christian
  • I highly highly highly recommend going to Baby Grand and playing with all their drool-worthy strollers.  Even if your budget ends up being lower then that money stealing store, it is great to know what all the options are so that you can figure out what is worth spending money on.

For us personally.....

We love our Mac Techno.  It is the most amazing lightweight umbrella stroller that stears 5x better than cheap travel system strollers.  If you don't want to spend quite that much (or can't find a clearance one online) the other Mac models just don't have quite as many features as the Techno.

It does not take a carseat but the Inglesina Zippy is fairly similar and does take a carseat so consider it.

If youa re no worried at all about lightness and smallness of your stroller (like if you don't plan to take it in and out of stores and malls) than I would highly recommend getting a stroller with large "tire" wheels- aka a jogging stroller.  This is because, as you may have noticed Stick out tongue it snows a lot here.  You really need the bigger tires if you want to use the stroller outside in the winter at all.  Even on shoveled sidewalks, they are bumpy and icy in the winter and the smaller plastic wheels just don't cut it. 

However the downside of the joggin strollers is that they tend to be larger and heavier.  Thus we ended up with 2 strollers. 

The rear facing thing is a feature I wish we had, but frankly, the cheaper rearfacing strollers ar POS's in my opinion.  And since we didn't have 1000$ to spend on a Bugaboo we skipped that option. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"