Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

mandarin oranges = REALLY bad diaper rash??

anyone had an issue with this? We have within the last couple weeks started strawberries, whole milk, and most recently mandarin oranges. Today DD had 3 "loose" (not runny) bowel movements and the first had bits of oranges in it (sorry TMI). Her bottom and vagina are lobster red - there are no bumps or anything but just BRIGHT red and looks super irritated - and seems to be very painful for her when I wipe it :(:(

I smeared the heck out of it with tons of desitin before bed tonight but I'm trying to determine the culprit. My instinct says the mandarin oranges. She got some for the first time yesterday afternoon, and more this morning...she LOVES them, but I'm afraid they may not love her...

Anyone else had issues with mandarin oranges? (or should I be focusing on strawberries or whole milk?) I have been offering the milk for a week or so but today is only the second day she actually drank it well - though still it was 2 ounces or less. She didn't have any strawberries today. 

Thanks so much- I feel offer for her little bottom - she really has never had diaper rash before :(

Re: mandarin oranges = REALLY bad diaper rash??

• DS gets this when he's teething really bad especially with his molars. ?He rarely gets Mandarin Oranges so I'm not sure but he does have strawberries. ?If she's teething, it's probably the culprit and there's not much you can do other then change at the first hint of poop and slather with Diaper Cream. ?GL!
  • imagebundleofboy:
    DS gets this when he's teething really bad especially with his molars.  He rarely gets Mandarin Oranges so I'm not sure but he does have strawberries.  If she's teething, it's probably the culprit and there's not much you can do other then change at the first hint of poop and slather with Diaper Cream.  GL!

interesting - DD has 7 teeth and has never had an issue- but she has been having big issues working on a canine right now - perhaps that is the issue?! Hmmm...

• Loading the player...
  • We have not had any rash from mandarin oranges.  He eats them all the time.  I would guess teething, also.
    Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • DS only started getting "acid poop" as we call until he started getting molars and then his canines. ?GL!
  • Ds got this too with mandarin oranges. He loved them, how ever his booty didn't.
  • We had the same issue with mandarin oranges - really bad bright red bottom.  He loved the oranges but won't be getting any for a while.  Sad
  • DS gets a rash if we give him more than one serving of oranges every few days.  So if he eats them two days in a row, he usually gets a rash.  Same thing with strawberries, so maybe it was the combination of the two that made your DD's poop too acidic?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"