Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

starting cereal

i need some advice. my doctor said we will talk about starting food at her 4 month apt. Her 4 month apt isnt until she is almost 5 months and i know alot of people start cereal after 3 months.

When did your dr advise you to start? when did you start? how did it go? how much did you start off with?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: starting cereal

• Options
    Dr. said we could start anytime between 4 months and 1 year. ?We are starting at 6 months.
  • Options

I think most peopel wait until at LEAST 4 months, if not longer. 

My 4 month appt is tomorrow and we're talking solids. 

HOnestly, i wouldn't worry about it.  I don't know that I want to start DS yet, or if he's even ready.  There is nothing wrong w/ her not starting until 5 months. Many people wait until 6.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We started at 4 months with just a table spoon of rice cereal mixed with BM. Pedi said it may help him sleep better, however this didn't work. He is eating the oatmeal now and loves it.

My advice is to be patient, the first couple times your LO may have a hard time. If you try a few times with no success, I would wait another few weeks.

• Options
    Pedi recommended we start at 4 months but we wanted to wait until atleast 6 months due to new recomendations by the AAP and WHO, but DD starting eating up to 49 ounces of formula in a day so we started at 5 months.  She gets 1 tablespoon of rice cereal mixed with formula one time a day.  It started pretty bad but I posted a question on here a few days ago about the consistency of the mixture and found I was making my too liquidy.  Since thickening it up a little she is doing really well.
  • Options
    We started cereal at about 4 months and 1 week.  We give her 1 tbsp a day, usually at supper time.  When she has been eating it for two weeks, we are supposed to go up to 1 tbsp twice a day, once in the morning and once at night.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"