Oregon Babies
Options

Airport Security at PDX?

I will be traveling for the first time with DS next week and I will be going without DH. Have any of you traveled through PDX with your LO? I'm planning on carrying DS in the Ergo. Will I have to take him out of the Ergo to go through security?

I'm worried that I will need to set him down at some point to get through the checkpoint and there won't be anywhere to put him as I am not bringing his carseat (my parents will have one in Chicago for us).

Any tips for flying alone and for the first time with an infant?

Thanks!

Re: Airport Security at PDX?

• Options

I have traveled many times with DS alone. I'm not sure what an Ergo is but you have to take the baby out of any type of carrier (either stroller or front pack on you). I have never had to put baby down anywhere. It's not easy, but I usually keep him in the stroller (or carrier) until everything is in the trays ready to push down the belt. Then I take him out of the stroller and fold it up and just carry him through security. If you have a carrier, you will just need to put that through the x ray. Other than that, if you have any liquids for baby, you can bring them. PDX will sometimes test it to make sure it's safe. That means that you open the bottle, they put a paper that can test over it (not in the liquid don't worry) and then you can go from there. PDX is actually a very easy place to travel through. I would try not to worry too much. Oh and I am pretty sure you can't have the baby in a front pack carrier during take off either. So be aware of that. I always find it easiest to have a stroller, (with car seat clipped in when he was an infant) and then checked it all at the gate right when we we board. That way you can put the diaper bag in the stroller and not have to have to carry both the baby and the diaper bag the entire trip. Plus, if the flight was not full, they would often let me bring the car seat onto the flight and put it in an open seat next to me. This was way easier since DS always slept so well in his infant car seat. Another tip would be, make sure you feed baby during take off and landing. I would bring juice because DS would sometimes not be hungry at the right time, but he rarely got juice and so he would take that at any time. This helps make sure their ears adjust to the pressure change. Good luck! I'm sure it will be fine!!

?

• Options
    I traveled with DD through PDX when she was 6 months old. ?I took a stroller. I had to take her out of the stroller, but never had to put her down. It was much easier than I thought it would be. GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"