Connecticut Babies
Options

*~*julia0402*~*

Hi there, I saw in the other post that you live in Middletown...did you deliver at Middlesex?  I did, so just curious!  Smile

Re: *~*julia0402*~*

• Options
    I did deliver at Middlesex!  I had a great experience there.  My baby had to stay in special care so they even gave us a room to stay in after I was discharged.  She eventually got transferred to UConn but I was glad I delivered at Middlesex anyway.  Did you like it there?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Honestly, I hated nearly everything about my experience there!  I loved my nurses that I had during labor and delivery, but the ones after that were awful!  I was also frustrated that the Lactation Consultant wasn't there b/c it was the weekend, so trying to breastfeed w/ the advice of all different nurses was a disaster!!

I am really glad to hear that you had a better experience than I did!!  From talking w/ others, it really sounds like my experience was more of the exception than the norm. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Huh, that is annoying.  I delivered on a Thursday so the LC availability wasn't a problem for me, they were really helpful in getting me set up with a hospital pump and stuff.  Seems silly for them not to have at least one on call for the weekends!  I was in such a daze that I don't even remember what my nurses were like after delivery.  The only thing I didn't like about Middlesex was the childbirth class... I thought it was a waste of $$.  But maybe that is just how those classes are!
  • Options
    We skipped the childbirth class, but went to an infant care class.  I wanted to feel like I was doing something to prepare for his arrival.  It was totally a waste of time (and a beautiful Sunday!).  The woman was a bit out there... talking about how she could calm a baby simply by waving her hand over it's head... 
  • Options
    Hahaha what a nut!!  That's what I'm going to try next time DD has a screaming fit...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"