Eco-Friendly Family
Options

neti pot vs. saline nasal spray

I came down with a cold (that is also affecting my sinuses) and have decided to geet a neti pot or saline nasal spray.  What are the differences and when do you recommend the neti pot or the saline ansal spray?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: neti pot vs. saline nasal spray

• Options

The saline spray comes in a disposable container, right? That would be one downer for me. Plus, I would want to look at the ingredients and make sure there is nothing else added. Personally, I use the Nasaline which is kind of a combo of the best of each product.

• Options
    I use both, but if I had to pick one or the other I'd definitely pick my Neti pot.  I get much more relief from it.  I still keep a bottle of saline spray in my purse though in case my allergies really act up and I need an added boost of relief throughout the day.  Like, yesterday while hunting Easter eggs outside.  Stupid pollen.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Neti pot works the best. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would think the main difference is that a saline spray just squirts a little saline in the nostrils which can help break up some mucus and moisten your nasal passages but a neti pot actually flushes the mucus out of the nostrils (much more saline is poured through your passages than what you get with a saline spray). For really bad congestion - saline spray is going to be useless imo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Neti pot rocks.  I use it at least twice daily.  I make my own powder mix with fine grain sea salt and baking soda.  You can buy the pre-made packets at first if you want to give them a try and then make your own mix later.

You will love this I promise.  I have had HORRIBLE sinus issues, polyps, infections, etc, and the neti pot is my saving grace, better than anything!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  I think I will end up getting a neti pot.  This is the way I was leaning, but then I had heard somwhere that the spray works better for sinuses, so I thought I would check here. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"