3rd Trimester

4 cm dialated - 80% effaced HOLY CRAP!

I had my 37 week appt today and to my surprise, the midwife told me that I am 4cm, 80% effaced. She said there is a strong possiblity the baby will be here 24-48 hours. Now, I really haven't had consistant, strong contractions. A few nights ago, a contraction woke me up but that really is the only one. Over the past few hours I haven't had any strong contractions.

I know this is an irrational fear but I'm worried that it's going to take longer than what she said. It's like a waiting game at this point. DH and I have been going crazy trying to get everything ready! Anyone experience anything like this? Any advice? If you've read this far, thank you. Sorry I'm being neurotic!

Good luck to you all!

Re: 4 cm dialated - 80% effaced HOLY CRAP!

• Congratulations...you are almost there!!!!!

Maybe this full moon tonight will help you on your way........   GL!

• Hope that is true for you, but dilation and effacement aren't predictors of when you will go into labor.? My mom was dilated to 4cm for 4 weeks before my brother was born.
  • Loading the player...
  • cool !

Anything not done around the house to keep your thoughts occupied and may be push you over the edge ?

babies

• I was 3cm and 90% effaced at 35w6d; I had my baby less than 24 hours later.  I had no idea I was in labor at all so I hadn't had strong contractions either.  GL!

ETA: if this is your first baby, it's highly unlikely you'd walk around at 4cm for more than a day or two (that's what my OB told me anyway).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageziggy=lee:
    Hope that is true for you, but dilation and effacement aren't predictors of when you will go into labor.  My mom was dilated to 4cm for 4 weeks before my brother was born.

I know, I really don't want to burst your bubble, but I was 75% and 4cm with DS for 8 weeks!  I hope this is it for you, though Smile

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Wow!  While jealous, I'm very happy for you.  Good luck and I hope you keep progressing!  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How exciting!!! (I can't help being a little jealous). Look at it this way, the MW says she thinks she might see you soon, they know these things. And if not, then you are really prepared if it takes a little longer than 2 days.

I do recommend that you set up mission control and let DH do pretty much everything because if it is coming soon you really need to get rest for both labor and the cannon that you will be shot out of for a few weeks after baby comes!

Good luck!!

• Those were my stats at my 37 week 5 day appt. with dd and I went into labor the next day!

Good luck! 

• How exciting!  The full moon is def working in your favor tonight!  GL!
  • I'm so jealous of the "went into labor the next day" people.  I've been 80% and 3 cm for a few weeks and nothing, not even a contraction that I've felt.  My doctor was saying any day and now shes talking induction.  I wish you better luck than I'm having and hopefully the full moon will do its magic!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • yay!! That's exciting!  Waiting is the hardest part!!!  Good luck to you!!

I am a little jealous Smile
  • imageziggy=lee:
    Hope that is true for you, but dilation and effacement aren't predictors of when you will go into labor.  My mom was dilated to 4cm for 4 weeks before my brother was born.

agreed...

i was 3cm and 70% for 4 weeks before i went into labor

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"