Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Warm formula straight to cold cow's milk?

We still make DD's bottles with warm milk, and she won't drink a bottle of cold formula. I'm not sure how to transition her to cold cow's milk, because I'm sure we'll still give her a bedtime bottle for a little while still...and she's still not crazy about drinking cold milk out of the sippy (just a few sips), but she'll drink water from her sippy like it's going out of style.. Do I just go cold turkey from warm to cold and make her deal with it? ;) or....does someone have a trick up their sleeve they're willing to share? TIA!

Re: Warm formula straight to cold cow's milk?

• Options
    we warm up dd's milk still, she prefers to drink the milk warm so that is what we do. she still has a bottle at night but in the morning i warm it up in the sippy
  • Options

That sounds exactly like our son!  He'll drink water all day from the sippy cup and even loves it with ice cubes.  But milk....forget it!  A few sips and he's done.  We're still doing one bottle a day...right before bed.  We're still warming it, but we're warming it less and less...hopefully one day we can stop all together.

Don't really have any advice,but just wanted to share that you aren't alone!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Go ahead and warm her milk... ?we warmed it for a couple of weeks then as she was more comfortable with the taste I started offering it at mealtimes cold. ?Since she was already used to having cold water with her meals she actually took it and didn't complain. ?

Now we continue with warmed milk first thing in the morning & cold with her meals. ??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I didn't have a problem since DD took cold formula but my SIL had the warm formula to milk problem.  She heated the milk for 30 seconds (yeah she nuked it) and over a few weeks she heated it less and less till it was room temp.  She tried doing the cold turkey cold milk but my niece just wouldn't have anything to do with it.  HTH 
  • Options

One way we've talked about making this transition is mixing the formula with milk and transitioning slowly.  Ex. for a few days mix 5 ounces warm formula with 1 oz cold milk then for a few days mix 4 ounces formula with 2 ounces milk.  As the time goes by the formula will transition to milk and the temp will change from warm to cool.  Does that make sense?

Btw- we haven't actually done this yet since we're on a delayed weaning schedule per pedi's recommendation due to her being a preemie so we offer cold milk in a straw cup at meals.  Over the last few weeks she is drinking more and more milk at meals and actually weaning herself off of bottles.  Now she's down to 2 bottles/day and we'll soon be dropping one of them.

• Options
    I am just about to transition DS to milk and plan to warm it when I give it to him in a bottle.  He drinks it cold from a sippy with no problem, but it seems weird to me to give him cold milk in his bottle (which he will only get at nap time and bed time anyway) so I'm just going to go ahead and warm it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"