Oregon Babies
Options

Just moved to this area

Hi ladies!  I just moved to Beaverton/Portland area for my husbands job.  We don't know anyone up here, and I was hoping to meet some fellow mommies for me to "play" with and some fellow babies for Jake to "play" with.  We found out we were moving about 3 weeks ago, and the move was very sudden, we don't know the area at all and are hoping to make some friends!  Anyone interested?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Just moved to this area

• Options

I feel bad that no one has responded to this so I just wanted to say.. I would have totally been interested, but our LOs are pretty far apart in age. =/

Check out this website for local things to do with your LO.

https://www.urbanmamas.com/

Someone on here turned me onto it when I was looking for a way to connect with other moms. There are quite a few opportunities under "Calendar" for moms with LO's at that age. 

Also, you can check out your local MOMs group too.

https://www.momsclub.org/links.html#Oregon

GL! =)

• Options
    Yeah, the non-response has been pretty discouraging, but I was hoping it's just because it's a slow board.  I'm hoping to make some "mommy" friends.  Which may sound kinda silly *shrug*.  Most of my gf's at home didn't have babies either if they were mom's already their children were in the 5-10 yr old range, otherwise they just haven't jumped in the mommy pool yet.  My gf's that are childless, don't quite understand what it's like to have a LO.  It's not quite the same going out free bar-hopping lifestyle =)'  Most of the women I've encountered on thebump boards have seemed pretty awesome and super helpful, so I figured I'd try the local boards to see if anyone was interested in making new friends. =)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I totally know how you feel actually. All my gfs are childless or have kids 6 & up. I have a few pregnant friends right now, so in a couple years it will be fine, but I have had to actively find mommy friends too, so I get it.

I bet if you try some of the stuff on the urbanmamas calendar you will meet someone. The mommy matinees at Kennedy School are super fun if you've never done it. I went to my first one last week. Very interesting. Obviously it wont work if your LO would be able to understand the screen though I guess. =/

Oh, and this local board IS super slow... so its not you. =)

• Options
    Sorry you haven't gotten much of a response. This board is pretty slow. I work fulltime so I don't actually know any mom groups. But you might also try to see if meetup.com has anything.
  • Options
    I am just trying to stay awake during feedings :)We do not get out much yet...we do frequent Zenana Spa in SE for groups and classes...that is about all so far.I will try to check this board more frequently....GL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi!

I used to be a regular on this board but then my daughter was born and I've totally been MIA.  She's 14 months now and I'm a stay at home Mom so my time on the computer is really limited.  I belong to a playgroup in the Beaverton area that tries to meet once a week, but really end up meeting twice a month.  If you're still interested let me know and I'll send you the info!  We'd love to have you!  OR if you'd like to meet up for a walk someday I can show you some great parks to walk in!

:)
    Brook

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"