Parenting
Options

Really, Children's Place? REALLY?! PIP

Who the EFF is their buyer and/or designer?!? It's almost as if they hate little girls? The boy clothes are cute and preppy and normal looking. The girl clothes have gotten progressively fuglier each season.

Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Really, Children's Place? REALLY?! PIP

• Options
    The only things I buy for the girls from TCP are jeans and graphic tees. Everything else is SO fug.
  • Options
    That is so nasty. ?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have to agree with you.  I would never buy that for my little girl.
  • Options

Im not sure whats going on with girl clothes there.  We just bought dd a dress and some shirts but I think thats the first I have bought her from there in a while because I cant find anything cute.

• Options
    I don't care much for their boy clothes but their girl clothes are HIDEOUS!  I do not like TCP at all.
    Ryan 5/2010, Kyle 1/2007, Eric 3/2005
  • Options

Well as the mother of a boy I have to say its about time. Boys clothes everywhere have been fugly for so long. Is it possible to dress your son so he doesn't look like a tramp, an army thug or a basketball player? Without going designer that is.

I agree that's awful for a girl. But everywhere I look I see cute clothes for girls. Its time they got some of the ugly clothes, then mums might demand better for ALL kids! 

• Options
    OMG! That's pretty awful. Most of their girl clothes tend to be garish, imo. You almost need to wear sunglasses when walking in there. ;)
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    EMTEMT member
  • Options
    I haven't been impressed w/ their girl clothes lately. I did get DD's Easter dress there, but it's cute. I always have good luck w/ finding good boy clothes there, but girls is a different story!
  • Options
    ick!  I hardly ever go into TCP anymore. 
  • Options

Their clearance racks are full of stuff like that. You'd think that would tell them what the customers think of it.

I've actually been buying a lot of DS clothes at TCP lately. They've got nice, affordable basics like polo shirts and jeans.

I don't know what they are thinking with the girl's stuff. Blech.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
  • Options
    That is for sure a fashion don't. I hardly go into that place. If I do, it's for basics, tshirts and PJs
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The ONLY things I buy at TCP are basic shirts, shorts/pants, and tanks. The rest of it bites.
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    That outfit scares me. It is hideous.
  • Options
    I haven't been there since last fall, but when I was there, I remember thinking that its all very Punky Brewster.  I only bought jeans and a couple of tops.  The rest is so bizarre.  I wondered if I was the only one that thought that.  Guess not!
  • Options
    Ha!  Avery is sitting on my lap and said, "I like that dress, Mommy!"  I find some cute things there for her but agree that usually the boy stuff is better.  I have a friend who hands things down to us for her from there and half of it I never put on her. 
    Jenni ~~Alex & Avery ~~ 6/13/06~~Adam ~~3/26/08

• Options
    SIL took DD shopping last week and bought her a bunch of stuff from there.  I almost went blind when I took it out of the bag.  I'm guessing she let DD pick out her own clothes.  Needless to say, most of it will be going back.
  • Options
    I was in the store last night and I was shocked at how bright and ugly all of the girls clothes were.  It was like day glo in there.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are awful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"