Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Who felt baby early?

I am annoyed that at my 16w4d appt the nurse told me that it was too early to feel the baby.  Let me tell you -- she has not calmed down today and is just dancing up a storm in me!  I started feeling bubbles ~15w, then taps at 16w, and now it is rolling sensations in addition to the taps.  Who else felt their baby early?  I wonder why some people can and some people can't until 22 weeks?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Who felt baby early?

• Options
    I started feeling movement at 15 weeks with both pregnancies.
  • Options
    mmm...mine started at 19 weeks but I have a feeling they started a lot earlier, I just thought it was something else.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With the twins, I felt movement at about 15 weeks. With this baby, I started feeling movement at 16 weeks (but I knew what they felt like because of the twins) I think your nurse is just a negative nancy
  • Options
    I felt some twitches around 14 weeks and then at 15 weeks the first big kicks.  It felt like a big pop.  It was pretty sporadic from then until about 18 weeks, when I could feel them moving more regularly.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure this week I'm feeling the baby move.  Little taps, I've felt it maybe 5 times.  My OB last week said I should start feeling something soon, so you definitely can feel your little girl move!
  • Options
    I started feeling baby every once in a while around 16 weeks.  At 18 weeks it started to be more obvious, & now I feel baby several times a day.  It's the neatest thing, isn't it?
  • Options
    I was about 18 weeks and mostly because I was in denial.  My doc asked me at 16 weeks and I said ? because I wasn't sure, and afraid still I would loose the baby.  At 18 weeks my movement were strong, my belly moves and dh could feel them.  Not at all the flutters I thought I would feel, these kicks are strong.  However every woman is different.  Most of my IRL friends felt their first flutters at 22-24 weeks.
  • Options
    I started feeling the baby at the very end of 15 weeks but it took me a few days to be sure that's what it was.  When I talked to my Dr. at my 16 week appointment he said it was definatly possible to feel the baby that early, your nurse doesn't know what she is talking about Wink
  • Options

I have been feeling flutters and such...but I think some women, the ones who usually dont feel movement untill around 22weeks, etc. don't because they are either thicker around the middle, can't really distinquish what they are feeling or have an anterior placenta (the placenta is on the wall of your stomach making extra cushion).

• Options
    I started to feel kicks and movements with DD at 16 weeks...and with these twO they started a few weeks ago...between 13 & 14 and then by the end of wk 14 I was certain of what I was feeling...  the nurse was being a B*tch in my opinion,....rock on with your movements!!
  • Options
    I definitely felt her move by 16 weeks!  I had swishes and butterflies at like 13 and 14 weeks even.  I couldn't be sure at that time, but I'm pretty convinced it was her then too.
  • Options
    I haven't really felt the fluttery feeling but about a week ago I started feeling definite taps and almost like a quivering feeling. I feel it randomly though and it hasn't been every day.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I started feeling little things at 15-16 weeks and I've felt full kicks since about 19 weeks.  I can't feel them on the outside yet, but they are very noticeable!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"