1st Trimester
Options

so i'm new here...YAY!

Hi Y'all

my hubby and i just found out we're going to have a little one...we're super excited (as i'm sure you all are)...we have our first appointment on Monday.  I'm pretty nervous... Did y'alls husbands or boyfriends go with you to your first appointment? 

BTW where did y'all get all the cute little clip art stuff for your signatures?

Re: so i'm new here...YAY!

• Options

Congrats!  My husband has gone with me to every appointment.  It's always nice to have him here just in case something goes wrong.  And also to share in the joy :) 

The clip art is mostly from "bump badges" on the left.  You can also add pics by using tinyurl.com.

• Options

Congratulations!

My hubby won't be able to go to my first appt. due to work, but he had originally planned to. It depends on the dr. really. Some of them only due questions/med. history at first appt., so your hubby might be bored. Some do an u/s. I'd ask what the first appt. usually entails.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMrsMegF:

Hi Y'all

my hubby and i just found out we're going to have a little one...we're super excited (as i'm sure you all are)...we have our first appointment on Monday.  I'm pretty nervous... Did y'alls husbands or boyfriends go with you to your first appointment? 

BTW where did y'all get all the cute little clip art stuff for your signatures?

First things first, congratulations and happy and healthy 9 months to you!

Second, are you from the deep south?  haha  That was a lot of y'alls, even for Paula Deen.

And finally, no, DF did not go to the first, because it is only a bunch of questions, paperwork, going over family and personal health, genetic history, etc.  BOORINGGG.  Maybe even a pap smear or two and a breast exam.  My DF went to the second one with me, when all that happened-- so that was a lot of fun letting him see me get a pap smear!

You can get the "Due in ---" badges from the link that says "Bump Badges" about halfway down on the right side.  Tickers are around here somewhere, probably in the same spot but its been so long since I made one on the bump I forget where.  Or you can google "pregnancy tickers" and find a whole slew of other designs.  Then you find the link that says "Edit profile", at the bottom there is a box for your signature HTML, stick the code in there.

• Options

Congratulations!  My doctor's office said they ask women NOT to bring their SO's to the first appointment because it's just with the nurse to get a detailed history and labs and stuff.  But the next appointment is for an US and with the doc so hubby is welcome!

• Options
    Welcome and Congrats! ?This is our 2nd and my husband will come to the appts he can. ?he came to every appt for the first pregnancy, so i'm not making it a huge deal this time around. ?
  • Options
    mine did the same thing! my normal gyno said that was really odd, but when i called the ob again, they said it was bc the place was an open lab that i talk with the nurse in, so the SO weren't allowed bc it helps to limit the amount of people and since private information is floating around the room, they think it's a way to add to privacy...
  • Options

Congrats!

My DH is going with me to every appointment he'll be in town for (he's a soldier).  At the first appointment, we heard the heartbeat via doppler and the 2nd was an ultrasound.  It was absolutely incredible to share those moments with him.  He loves going and will continue to go throughout.

• Options
    welcome and congrats!  my DH has come to EVERY appointment with me up until this week - i'm starting my bi weekly appointments and they only take 10 minutes so he doesn't need to be there.  good luck!!!
  • Options

my husband did go w/ me on my first appointment... but it will probably be his only since his work schedule sucks.  My SIL just told me that the most important one is the 20th week b/c you get to see the arms and feet move. and you can find out if it's a boy or girl..

but i must admit, it was sureal for him to see that little dot on the scree and see and hear the heart beat.. :)  

• Options
    imageCassie Sartin:

Congratulations!  My doctor's office said they ask women NOT to bring their SO's to the first appointment because it's just with the nurse to get a detailed history and labs and stuff.  But the next appointment is for an US and with the doc so hubby is welcome!

Mine doctor's office was the exact opposite.  They wanted my SO to join the first appt. to review BOTH of our family history since the baby is half his.  We did all the basics along with reviewing history- bloodwork, pee in a cup, blood pressure, physical, etc. and were lucky enough to have our 1st ultrasound.  I was 10wks3ds at our 1st appointment.

• Options

Congrats!

My DH wouldn't miss it for the world- he plans on going to all of them at this point.   I would check with your Dr. on if he needs to attend or not.  I agree with the family history part, I don't know enough about his side to answer all the questions on my own- so he needs to be there for that.  Oddly enough, our first appt. we get an ultrasound, and the second one we go over all of the history. 

• Options
    My DH came to the first informational visit with the nurse and the first ultrasound.  he wont be at my first exam tomorrow, but he will go to the next 2 appointments with me.  Anytime he can see the baby he wants to, he is sooo excited.
  • Options
    Congrats! My DH will be going with me to my first appointment on April 13th. When I made the appointment, they told me they'd be doing the first u/s and then we'd be meeting with a nurse to go over medical history, etc. If you call and ask, I'm sure they'll tell you if your SO needs to be there with you. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"