? computer virus tomorrow — The Bump
Babies: 9 - 12 Months

? computer virus tomorrow

So my mil just called...super paranoid person. She warned us not to turn our computer on or use credit cards tomorrow because of some huge virus that is supposed to hit. Has anyone else heard of this or was MIL "hittin' the bottle" tonight?! Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ? computer virus tomorrow

• Sounds like an April Fools joke.
  • Try www.snopes.com, it's a hoax and you should probably let your MIL know that she's safe.
  • Loading the player...
  • She's on the sauce.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's the conflictor (sp?) worm.  They still are not sure what or if anything will happen
  • no, I heard about this too....it's supposed to be the "Pearl Harbor" of computer viruses.

Google "Conficker C"

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • A friend on facebook just posted about this.?

• This is for Microsoft users.  It's what my husband (who's an IT guy) sent to my family. 

http://www.microsoft.com/protect/computer/viruses/worms/conficker.mspx

• It's real; Microsoft offered a $250,000 reward for anyone who could turn in the originator of it.
  • it's for reals.  www.symantec.com click on the red conflicker button, scroll to where the "tool available here" and run it.  Apparently if you can't get that far it is too late for you.

• Thank you for the info..I appreciate it!! Great...now I have to admit MIL was right about something!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards