TTC After a Loss
Options

Please help me!!

OK, this is going to sound so incredibly stupid, but I am sitting here with my first OPK, and I have no clue how this thing works!! Augh! I bought those cheapie ones, and it came with NO directions!!

So how does this thing work? I have already piac, and now I don't know which end is even supposed to go in the cup! Augh, i am so dumb! What is with the green thing on the one end? And the other end has arrows with the word mark....

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Please help me!!

• Options
    would it be too gross to put the whole thing in the cup just incase and then use tweezers to hold it?  OR try one end, if nothing, dip the other?
    ***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hold the green part, dip the other one. I think. Can you PIP it?

You'd think we should all know about how to dip a stick by now.... 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so stupid, I can't believe I am this clueless about it! Augh!

There is some kind of plastic thing over the part that says mark with the black line, is that supposed to come off and dip that side? Or does the green sticker thing on the other side come off to dip??

I had considered dipping the whole thing, lol and eeewww!! But I don't know if I am supposed to remove any of these things!

• Options
    I think my favorite part, is that you have a fresh cup of pee in your bathroom ( I hope you aren't carrying it with you! ).  And are on the computer talking to us :)

• Options
    imagetellmeimpg:

Hold the green part, dip the other one. I think. Can you PIP it?

You'd think we should all know about how to dip a stick by now.... 

hahah, I should totally know how to do this! I was expecting directions, augh.

I was thinking to hold the green part.... is that black line the test line???

• Options
    The ones I used, you were supposed to hold it by the green part and the other end was for dipping.  Maybe try that and see if anything happens?
  • Options

Thanks ladies, I finally got it!

I feel soo soo  embarassed right now! After nearly 3yrs of ttc you'd think I'd know how to do this!

And yes, you dip the end up to the mark line, and hold the green end.

You know, just in case I am not the only idot out there tonight

• Options
    Im glad you figured it out!  What were the results?

• Options

omg, that was just too funny!

I totally freaked out! I thought those things would come with instructions! I feel like such a newbie right now, lol.

No O yet, which is expected! I don't O till CD18 on clomid normally. But there is a faint line there, so we will just have to continue to fwp for another week! lol

• Options
    hehe, dont you guys normally fwp all the time anyways? I doubt your husband minds :)

• Options

hehe, good point!

Those cheapie OPK's are not as obvious as my CBEFM, but after that not giving me my peak last month, I'm not even bothering with that one this month! 

I am actually hoping that my O will wait till CD18, that way hopefully my new RE that I meet with on Thurs will maybe (I'm hoping and praying) do a u/s to see how many follies I am getting on Clomid!

• Options

That would be great!  Be sure to plant that idea in his head when you're there. 

I haven't done the CBEFM or OPKs so I am no help there.  We can start trying again may 1st, and if it doenst happen the first cycle, i'll order some OPKs if I can talk DH into it.  So remind me then which end I need to dip :)

• Options

Oh I am fo sho going to plant that little idea of a u/s to check follies in his head as soon as I get there! I can't believe how excited I am about this appt!! Of course, it is a year later than it should have been, guess I should have gotten the chicken pox a year ago lol.

May is coming fast!!! These OPK's are really cheap, so there is no need to convince dh! You can get them at Saveontests.com. I had to order them from amazon to get them faster though. I got 20 OPK's and 5 HPT's for like $11, so that is totally justifiable! We won't count the fact that I bought a box of CBE digital OPK's to verify O when time comes, or the bbt that I bought and I'm still waiting for!

• Options

lol- have you met my husband?  1st off, I pay all the bills and deal with all the finacials.  So when I ask his opion on if I should buy something, its really just to let him know that I am going to buy that.

So today I tell him I am going to buy cheap internet pg tests, 20 of them for 16 with shipping.  And he totally freaks out and asks why on earth I would need that many! He is nieve because we only TTCed one cycle that brought our angel.  And he would only let me get one test, so I waited until AF was a day late.  NOW I can test everyday if I want!!  Anywho- I bought them. lol.  I already bought 2 bbt because the first ones battery died- and we aren't even trying yet.  I cant imagine telling him Im getting OPKs- maybe I wont tell him Wink

• Options

omg, that is too funny! I actually was all set to not do any opk's or bbt or anything this cycle, but dh looked at me and said, "you don't want to have a baby with me?" and had these big puppy dog eyes when he said it, so I told him if he was serious about it, and was going to want me to continue driving myself completely insane each and every month, that I had to order a whole bunch of OPK's and a bbt. He agreed and sent me on my way!

And just wait, before long, yh will be wanting you to test as soon as you can, and will understand the whole needing of 20hpt's! Mine would never let me test early before!

• Options
    lol.  I tried to tell him that I would know a whole 5 days (maybe) earlier, and that would be an extra five days of being pregnant!  And he goes, ok, when you are in L&D screaming you just want it to be over, i'll say "you could've been done five days ago"...... honey, thats not how that works out, check your math.

• Options

lol, that is funny!

My mom actually called me the other day to tell me she saw hpt's in the $ store and that she didn't understand why hpt's came in boxes with more than one. Yeah, she totally doesn't get any part of this whole thing!

• Options
    no clue.  but mrs.miller, don't you have the cbefm?
  • Options

imagejeffrae:

haha, it's all good! I finally figured it out, thanks to a little help from a friend! Luvs is my hero!

I do have my CBEFM, but apparently it doesn't always work with clomid, so I'm taking a CBEFM break this cycle.

How are you doing!?!

• Options
    imagemrsmiller06:

imagejeffrae:

haha, it's all good! I finally figured it out, thanks to a little help from a friend! Luvs is my hero!

I do have my CBEFM, but apparently it doesn't always work with clomid, so I'm taking a CBEFM break this cycle.

How are you doing!?!

Pretty good.  Feeling the baby move which makes me even happier about my decision to not get the amnio.  I don't think I could live with myself knowing that I caused a m/c (even though the chance is small).  Coming to terms with being okay that if our baby does have trisomy 18 that we will go to full term no matter what.  But I really do believe she is the 7 in 8.  Excited because all of our parents know the sex now.  :-)

That is awesome your dh is so into you getting some baby dancing on!!!  Hopefully you are having fun doing so!

• Options

yay for baby movements Rae-rae!!! I remember that feeling, and I miss it sooo much, it is the most amazing thing in the world!!!

I have to say that I agree with you on the trisomy18 thing. I too think that you are the 7in8 on that one. Esp since your u/s showed nothing but good "normal" things! Are they going to do more u/s's to monitor the baby for you?

Have you picked a name yet???? I miss you so much, fill me in on everything!!

• Options
    imagemrsmiller06:

yay for baby movements Rae-rae!!! I remember that feeling, and I miss it sooo much, it is the most amazing thing in the world!!!

I have to say that I agree with you on the trisomy18 thing. I too think that you are the 7in8 on that one. Esp since your u/s showed nothing but good "normal" things! Are they going to do more u/s's to monitor the baby for you?

Have you picked a name yet???? I miss you so much, fill me in on everything!!

DH will not like me for posting the name -- so I will post it in my Bethany post -- which I will then delete the evidence, ha-ha.  Yes -- I have another u/s at 20 weeks.  And then tehy will do non stress tests.

Did you feel your son early on?  I am still shocked I am feeling baby movements so much already.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"