1st Trimester
Options

HCG levels...what is going on with me?

First of all, I have has previous early preg problems which is why I'm getting blood drawn every other day already.

On Friday (15dpo) my hcg was 59. This should double every 48-72 hours. Which shoould've put todays blood draw around 240. It was 600!!! I haven't talked to the doctor yet, just the lab tech that gave me the results.

Does that seem high? I wouldn't think so if I hadn't had a previous test, but jumping from 59 to 600 in 4 days seems like a lot to me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: HCG levels...what is going on with me?

• Options
    I thought it was supposed to double every 24 hours at first?
  • Options
    No, It should double every 2-3 days. Look on Betabase.info for more information. You are probably fine. You could be just a little earlier than you thought, but it sounds like it is increasing just fine!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Twins?   I believe HCG levels are higher with multiples.
  • Options
    lizallizal member
    Your doubling rate is every 28.7 hours.  When I first had my betas tested I had a doubling rate of 32.3 hours.  The first test I had was at 17 dpo and my beta was 555.  Two days later at 19dpo it was 1555.  It had almost tripled in two days.  They are supposed to double at least. 
  • Options

imageShananah:

I was thinking the same thing!

• Options
    It does not mean twins for Pete's sake. It could be, but maybe not. Wait for your ultrasound.
  • Options
    imageShananah:
    hush yo mouth! lol
  • Options
    lizallizal member
    My levels were higher than 600 at the amount of days past ovulation that you are and I am not having twins. 
  • Options
    imagelizal:
    Your doubling rate is every 28.7 hours.  When I first had my betas tested I had a doubling rate of 32.3 hours.  The first test I had was at 17 dpo and my beta was 555.  Two days later at 19dpo it was 1555.  It had almost tripled in two days.  They are supposed to double at least. 
    thanks, I've been all over google tarnation trying to find a calcultor for this...
  • Options
    I would agree with the multiples possibility!! But it looks like you are adding up fine.
  • Options
    You're fine. My beta's were 61 @ 12dpo, 679 @ 14dpo, & 8,824 @ 21dpo.
  • Options

imagefirsttogo:
    It does not mean twins for Pete's sake. It could be, but maybe not. Wait for your ultrasound.

Totally agree. Wait for your ultrasound. HCG levels are really only going to worry you; high or low, they will worry you.

Wait for the ultrasound.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

Sounds normal to me. Congrats!

P.S. I think if it were twins, the inital number would be through the roof. Thats how mine were.

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    imagejuliane2004:

imagefirsttogo:

Totally agree. Wait for your ultrasound. HCG levels are really only going to worry you; high or low, they will worry you.

Wait for the ultrasound.

Yeah, I agree...actually multiples hadnt crossed my mind. I was worried about molar pregnancy which I read has a faster doubling time. Ultrasound will be as soon as levels are 2000 or higher. Should be Friday or Monday. I'm only so freakishly worried because of past experiences that were not fun.
  • Options
    I went from 289 to 27,000 in 3.5 days.....and there are no twins.
  • Options
    HCG levels are so variable. You have to wait for the U/S. Everyone is different. Mine were high at 5 weeks and everyone freaked me out telling me I might be having twins. My OB laughed when I asked her if she thought I might have twins. Your bHCG would be a lot higher then that.
  • Options
    my betas are in my siggy.  initial one started high, then doubled about every 26-34 hours after that.
  • Options
    Mine were  294 @ 14DPO and 730 @ 16DPO. No twins for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"