3rd Trimester

How early can/ did your cervix efface or start to thin?

Just interested to know how far in advance of the due date that it can start/ has started to thin out.

How far from that point did you go into labor/ deliver your child?

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: How early can/ did your cervix efface or start to thin?

• I was 70% effaced and 1 cm at 32 weeks.
  • I'm sitting at 1cm and 50% effaced.  It just depends on your body and the baby!
  • Loading the player...
  • they didn't check me until my 36 week appointment which was actually a few days shy of 37 weeks. i was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. i didn't get checked at the 37 week appointment b/c i hadn't had any contractions.?
  • I had my first internal at 35 weeks and I was 1cm and a little effaced. I had progression pretty much every week. At my 40 week appt. I was 3 cm and 80% effaced but still haven't had the baby yet.
  • I started to efface at 27 weeks but I know thats def not normal. I just have a baby that wants to come out already! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At my 34 week appointment I was 3cm dilated and 75% effaced. I still am at that point as of now...but I have also been on bedrest since we found that out.
  • My cervix was just starting to thin a little at 37 weeks but no dilation.  At today's appointment, I was 1 cm dilated and "pretty well effaced"...to use the doctor's words.  She didn't give me a percentage.

• With my first, at 35 weeks I was 3 cm and 50% effaced.  Effacement continued slowly over the next few weeks.  My water broke at 39w4d and when I was checked in the hospital, I was 4 cm and 80% effaced.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"