Success after IF
Options

Our hospital is closing the infertility clinic.

It was in the paper today.  Because private clinics are providing the same services they are closing the clinic at our hospital.  All of the doctors who work there got together and are opening their own "private practice".  Apparently most of the patients are continuing their care with the new office, but they all have to put their cycles on hold until the new office is open.  It sucks that all of those people have to wait even longer!

Re: Our hospital is closing the infertility clinic.

• Options
    Wow, that must be so frustrating for all of the patients to have to wait.  I hope they open the new clinic fast!
  • Options
    I bet there is more drama then they are saying. I bet it has to do with management or something!!! Get the scoop!!!
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sucks...I'd be super ticked if I was one of those who had to put my cycle on hold for them to move.  Not cool
  • Options
    Which hosp is that? in Hamilton somewhere? That sucks!!!
    B/G twins!
  • Options
    My clinic did that. It actually really improved care for patients - new equipment, new facilities, new equipment, more Drs, free parking... It wasn't long of a disruption (it only postponed cycles that hadn't started yet and just by a few weeks) but for new patients it meant that waiting times to get in went from 8 months to less than 3. Hope it turns out to be ok for your clinic too.
  • Options
    It is the clinic at McMaster University hospital that is closing.  I hope it does end up being better for all of the patients in the long run.  They are opening a clinic in Burlington.  I can't remember what they are going to call it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"