Cincinnati Babies
Options

Can you recommend your umbrella/smaller stroller?

We have a graco travel system that we use, but we're looking for something smaller to take on vacation with us in the summer.  DS will be about 11 months old when we go.  I'd like something that reclines and has some sort of basket/storage.  Any suggestions?

Re: Can you recommend your umbrella/smaller stroller?

• Options
    I love our Combi stroller.  It reclines all the way down (I think) and has a basket underneath, but folds down almost to the size of an umbrella stroller.
  • Options

I have a cheapie umbrella stroller that has no bells and whistles that worked great on our trip to Florida.  It took up no room in the trunk and serves its purpose.  I prefer to have one with a sunshade, basket, and cup holder, so I got the Baby Planet Solo Sport, and I LOVE it.  I returned a MacLaren that I paid way too much for to get the BP one, and I am so glad I did.  If you are Eco inclined, the whole stroller is recyclable when you are done with it.  You can find them for half price at greenbabybargains.com every couple of weeks or so.

https://www.baby-planet.com/products/SoloSport.aspx

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just got this stroller at Big Lots for $25 this week.  So far I really like it.
  • Options
    We have the Chicco umbrella stroller and love it! It's a little pricey at around $50-60, but we think it's well worth it. It has longer handles so you don't feel like you're bending over to push it and it also has a basket underneath for storage:)
    Photos taken by Becky Thompson
  • Options

I love our Maclaren Triumph. It was expensive (we paid about $179) but the more I use it compared to my Graco travel system stroller, the more convinced I am that I got what I paid for. It reclines, has a sunshade, has storage, and is so light that I can toss it around. I toss it around a lot and it has held up completely. The only thing I don't like is that there is no cup holder, but we bought a separate one and are going to screw that on the handle and that will be fixed.

Our second choice was a Chicco Capri, I believe, but we had gift cards so we decided to go with the Maclaren.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We love our Combi EX - it is so easy to use, easy to fold and super easy to carry.  We bought it when we went to FL last year and it's been perfect!
  • Options
    We have the Chicco Capri and like it a lot.  Very lightweight yet sturdy.  It has a sunshade, a small basket (that I never use b/c I have a stroller diaper bag that clips on) and it does recline but not to where you can lay completely flat.  DD doesn't nap in her stroller very often so it's not really an issue for us, although she has napped in it and didn't seem to mind it not going completely flat.
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"