Infertility

Nervous about my Lap

I'm a nervous wreck about getting my lap. I am terrified to go under. I have had panic attacks all day since I started my period.  I'm so afraid i won't wake up from the surgery. I'm also afraid I will wake up with no ovaries and uterus. I'm also afraid of getting the news that my only option to conceive is IVF and I'm OOP. 

Please tell me I'm irrational.

Re: Nervous about my Lap

• You are irrational....but so was I!  I'm here to tell you I had all those same thoughts and I survived just fine!  I didn't have panic attacks, but I was anxious.  I will say, I was completely calm and ready to get it over with the day of my surgery.   I think all those thoughts are normal!  Mine went well and I'm so glad I chose to do it!

Good luck!

TTC #1 since 12/07 SA 9/08=borderline normal HSG 1/09 found R tube blocked Multiple IUIs both with oral and injectible drugs from 2/09-2/11 Started domestic adoption process in 5/10, homestudy complete 9/10 Failed adoption after home with baby for 2 weeks 11/10 Blessed through the miracle of private adoption with a son, born 6/6/11 (his grandma's bday) 7lbs 9oz 20.5 inches long! So worth the wait!
  • First of all, it's really not bad at all.  I had only been put out once before my lap/hys surgery and that was to get my wisdom teeth taken out.  In addition, they won't take out your ovaries or tubes without consulting you first.  My doctor said he would never do that to me! 

I'm OOP too and it was a scary thing, but answers are better than none.  It's time to see what's in there! :)  You're not irrational, I felt the same way, just know it will all end up fine.  I promise...((HUGS))!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I just my lap on March 17th.  I was really anxious before hand and I had all those same thoughts running through my head.  The Lap went really well and it wasn't nearly as painful or bad as I was imagining.

Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mvp12mvp12 member

Thank you all for your support. I'm a head case right now. Mine will be done in a clinic. 

I'll admit I'm can be controlling and an obsessive planner. This is one aspect of my life I have no control over, and it's especially hard because I can't plan for my future.

• mvp12mvp12 member
    I actually do feel a little better now. Thanks girls!!
  • It is really not that bad - I was super scared before going under too.  But I trusted my doctor - I was lucky and they did not find any problems - and I only had two tiny incisions - maybe if you are having panic attacks you might want to ask your doctor to give you something to take before hand.  I went in at 8 am and was in surgery by 10 am - so at least you do not have to wait forever to go back - I was home by 2 pm.  I wish you the best of luck for a good outcome. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"