Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

ear infection -- advice pls

i think dd has her first ear infection. she woke up 6x last night screaming and has a fever of 101.5 right now. i gave her tylenol & i'm taking her to the pedi in the morning but do you think she will be okay tonight? will the infection get worse tonight w/o antibiotics?

Re: ear infection -- advice pls

• Options
    Just check on the fever if she wakes up. I think we are on ear infection 5 or 6 right now..only once did we have to go to urgent care because her fever went up to 104. If Tylenol is controlling the fever, and hopefully the pain, she should be OK until the morning.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    How quickly did her fever go up?  I worry anytime DD has a fever at night that it will spike and she will have a febrile seizure.  I check DD's check forehead before I go to bed and if she feels alarmingly warm I wake her, give her water and in your case, Motrin, since she last had tylenol.  I'm a freak and sleep on the floor in her room when she has a fever b/c I'm afraid she'll have a seizure and I won't know it, but everyone thinks I'm ridiculous for that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks i feel better.

yeah i always sleep w/her and keep a close watch. i don't blame you. dh's coworker's dc had a febrile seizure a month ago and had to go to the er. i'm really paranoid about it too.

• Options
    DS has an ear infection right now. No new advice, we are actually on his second course of antibiotics for it.......just wanted to say good luck and I hope she feels better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"