Success after IF
Options

**XP** - How many?

Hi all,

I haven't been on  here in a while as DH and I decided to take a break after our cp in November.  At this moment, I am anxiously waiting for AF to arrive.  Was suppose to be last night or today but of course nothing yet!!  As soon as she shows, we are on to IVF#4. 

My question is how many embryos to put back, 2 or 3??  On our first attempt RE only allowed 1 because I am young and we are dealing with only MFI.  We did a 5dt and no go.  Second IVF got canceled due to no good embryos (thought to be the protocol change). Third I tested pos on an HPT but was bleeding and it went down from there.  We put 2 in that time.  We don't have great embryos.  The best ones were with IVF#1 so we are doing that protocol (no lupron) with a few tweeks.  I really want to put 3 as I feel our chances for triplets is so small.  And RE mentioned 2 or 3 and for him to even mention 3 made me think he didn't think it was very likely we would have multiples.  I have had hysterocopys and HSG's and basically have been told I would have no problem sustaining a pregnancy or getting pregnant if we had good embryos.  I am so torn. I would be ecstatic with twins but feel very scared about the idea of triplets (though I would be very happy to be given that miracle).  DH does not want triplets.  We are so torn. Those with success, how many embryos did you put back??

Re: **XP** - How many?

• Options

We put 2 back in and one stuck, but split into identical twins.

GL, I hope this next one is it for you!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Our cycles sound alike.  I had a lot of trouble growing follies and having good grade embies. 

When we did IVF #3, RE retrieved 5 eggs, 4 fert, 2 make it to Transfer.  We decided to transfer both and they both stuck. 

I would put back only the amount of babies you can handle unless you are willing to do selective reduction.  I mean if you were to get pg with triplets and are against having triplets would you consider it.  I'd go with 2, the best 2.

twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have done an FET and a fresh cycle in which we transferred 3 so-so quality embryos. Each time only 1 stuck. guess you just have to decide how you want to gamble. good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If you are not willing to carry 3 to birth then you should not put back 3.  If you are willing to carry triplets and understand all of the risks to you and the babies then you could put back up to 3.  Honestly, if DH doesn't want triplets you should not put back 3.

We put back 3 and the RE said "less than 1% chance of all three sticking".  They all stuck and we went through hell and finally ended up doing SR to end up with twins.  I wouldn't wish it on anyone and you should avoid putting yourself into this situation, especially since DH doesn't want trips.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"