Parenting after a Loss
Options

>>> Dear DH <<<

Re: >>> Dear DH <<<

• Options

Dear DH,

I'm sorry you had to bring work home tonight, but I'm very glad that you made it home in time before I have to get ready for my class.  We are in the homestretch, I promise.

~ me

• Options

Dear DH,

You have been nothing but wonderful ever since E was born. Even though you are having a really hard time finding a job I am so glad that you have been able to be home with us this entire time. I would be lost without you. However last night you really upset me. You knew I was living on 3 hours sleep and didn't even offer to get up with E until you heard me cry. After you came out while I was feeding her and offered to rock her back to sleep it did make me feel better. Thanks. But sleeping until 2:00 pm really pissed me off!!! Please realize you aren't the only one who is tired.

Love K

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been waiting all day to do this...

Dear DH, it's as if you read my 'Dear DH' post from last night - my rant about you...or perhaps you finally pulled your head out of your a** but thank you for the lovely email today saying I am a wonderful mommy and wife and that you love the patience I have for our daughter, etch.  Thank you for noticing you aren't doing enough to help out with ANYTHING and thank you for saying you would eat left overs tonight so I didn't have to cook.  Thank you for taking dd and suggesting I go to bed early and saying you will get up with her.  I know the difference is that your shift changed back to your regular one and you are MORE than happy about that but I also think you realize that I am capable of being a single mom and you don't want that to happen. 

• Options

(I never do these, but this is for you, Christine.)

Dear DH,

Wow - you are totally douchey today.  It must have been really hard to sit in a seminar all day.  And by "all day" I mean from 9:30am to 2:15pm.  Having people talk at you for hours and hours, boy, so much work.  It's no wonder you are cranky and exhausted tonight. 

It must have been really awful to have to stand out in the sunshine and fresh air with your lacrosse team this afternoon, too.  Some people might have used this time to de-compress after a slightly uncharacteristic day, but they must be idiots.  Sunshine?  Fresh air?  The nerve!

And really, how dare I take an hour this evening to tutor.  So selfish of me.  I really should have expected to come home to (1) no dinner, (2) no bottles, and (3) an overtired baby.  

In closing, I do appreciate your leaving your cell phone on the table outside the baby's room.  Good thing you also left it on vibrate AND the loudest ringer.  Good fuck1ng thing.  Otherwise, you wouldn't have heard it when it rang 10 minutes after the baby went down.  

You know what, I'm feeling really turned on right now.  Let's have sex.

Sarcastically yours,

Laustique

• Options
    imageLaustique:

(I never do these, but this is for you, Christine.)

Dear DH,

Wow - you are totally douchey today.  It must have been really hard to sit in a seminar all day.  And by "all day" I mean from 9:30am to 2:15pm.  Having people talk at you for hours and hours, boy, so much work.  It's no wonder you are cranky and exhausted tonight. 

It must have been really awful to have to stand out in the sunshine and fresh air with your lacrosse team this afternoon, too.  Some people might have used this time to de-compress after a slightly uncharacteristic day, but they must be idiots.  Sunshine?  Fresh air?  The nerve!

And really, how dare I take an hour this evening to tutor.  So selfish of me.  I really should have expected to come home to (1) no dinner, (2) no bottles, and (3) an overtired baby.  

In closing, I do appreciate your leaving your cell phone on the table outside the baby's room.  Good thing you also left it on vibrate AND the loudest ringer.  Good fuck1ng thing.  Otherwise, you wouldn't have heard it when it rang 10 minutes after the baby went down.  

You know what, I'm feeling really turned on right now.  Let's have sex.

Sarcastically yours,

Laustique

Aw thanks!  I'm sorry the "DH" stands for "douchy husband"...

• Options

Dear dh,

If I say I want ice cream, it's really not in your best interests to make me defend that. I'm a big girl. I know if I want ice cream or not.?And I think we'd all be happier if I was in an ice cream coma & still able to care for dd when she inevitably wakes up. Rather than a drunken stupor I may need in order to decompress from my day & drown my sorrows that you just acted like my father.

When I say I want to go to sleep early, I really meant your dd's normal bedtime. Now the 9pm she decided to go to sleep at.?

For the record, bruce lee's enter the dragon is not a nice relaxing, non-stimulating movie to have on when I've been trying for 1.5 hours to get dd to go to sleep.

?

?

?

• Options

Dear DH,

I hope that you try to take advantage of me soon.  The last time we DTD was May 12, 2008.  It was the day before my BFP.  I am not going to give you anything (like I have many times and I am left high and dry) until you give me what I have been waiting for.

Owen - January 2009 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Owen is a big brother!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Dear DH,

The way you "clean up" either cracks me up or irritates the crap out of me.  I freaking love you though!  Our recent date was a true God-send and I loved that if felt like we were actually dating again.  XOX

• Options

Dear DH,

Thanks for going to Play Group with me this weekend, and for our amazing date on Saturday night. I feel like we are back to our old relationship again and I love you even more than ever. You are such an incredible dad and I love that you can provide for us and take care of Leo too. You amaze me.

Love ya,

Me 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"