Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

NBR....Clothing for fa....eerrr fuller figures

My wardrobe is down to two jeans and two shirts.  That is it.  I kid you not; that is EVERYTHING.  I NEED clothes but I hate shopping for clothes because I can't find anything that I like and fits.  I have a big belly, that's where I carry my weight and I don't know what styles best suit such a figure.

So, for you fashionistas and larger women, what styles do you think work best on women like me?  Also, I have a B belly which makes things even worse.  I am actually starting ot make my own clothes for a better fit but I still have to find styles that work with my figure.

TiA

Re: NBR....Clothing for fa....eerrr fuller figures

• Options

Kimi is my go-to for these types of questions :o) She is a fashionista.

My suggestion is to find a cropped jacket, (I think Kimi told this to me too! )and play up your waist. I have a full figure, but lack in the waist department, so I can't pull off belted or cropped jackets very well.  Accentuate your waist and your hips. Another suggestion is a-line stuff, but that tends to make me look bigger too. I know. I am no help!

• Options

What I'd like to wear is my old maternity clothes -- they would hide my belly so well now! -- but they would also make me still look pregnant.

My favorites right now are a pair of trouser jeans that are cut wider pretty much everywhere, a long-ish cardigan that buttons right under the breasts and makes my waist look small (but unfortunately my butt look huge), and fairly loose but not sloopy things like nicer tunics. I also often wear long, tighter tanks under things to suck in my tummy a bit.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    *Bre**Bre* member

Since your weight is in your upper half, you need a bottom that evens out your figure, makes it more hourglass like. Flirty skirts that flow out and away from the body are good, also what Blondie said, you want to find a jacket that will accentuate your narrowest section, the same goes for tops. Find tops with belting and such that will give you an hour glass figure. Don't wear skinny jeans or jeans with sandblasting, look for dark denim.

Sorry, I watch a LOT of Stacy and Clinton...you might check out what not to wear online...

• Options
    image*Bre*:

Since your weight is in your upper half, you need a bottom that evens out your figure, makes it more hourglass like. Flirty skirts that flow out and away from the body are good, also what Blondie said, you want to find a jacket that will accentuate your narrowest section, the same goes for tops. Find tops with belting and such that will give you an hour glass figure. Don't wear skinny jeans or jeans with sandblasting, look for dark denim.

?Sorry, I watch a LOT of Stacy and Clinton...you might check out what not to wear online...

LOL ?I was just going to suggest she check out What Not to Wear. ??

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options
    image*Bre*:

Sorry, I watch a LOT of Stacy and Clinton...you might check out what not to wear online...

Before you said that I was thinking: she sounds just like Stacy and Clinton. Shut up! No, but seriuosly I love Clinton. Does he "have the gay"? I can't tell.

• Options

LOL  You're too funny Bre.

Thanks everyone!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"