High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Joining the board

Hi all - I wanted to introduce myself - With my son, I had a great pregnancy until I was 39 weeks, when I woke up in an ambulance - my husband woke up to me having a grand mal seizure at 3 am.  Luckily, the hospital and staff were fantastic, and I was so far along, that he was born that day via C-section.  I had no indications for pre-eclampsia, except that I was retaining a lot of water, but that was it.  Because there is no family history of seizures at all, it was chalked up to eclampsia, and after a LOT of tests at the hospital, my son and I came home. 

Fast forward 11 months, and again, I woke up in an ambulance, I had another seizure at home.  I was not pregnant, and after a ton of testing, with no answers, I have been diagnosed with a seizure disorder.  But they cannot rule out the eclampsia from the first pregnancy either.

So we found out in January that we were expecting again - delighted but suprised.  Due to anti-seizure meds, I was considered high risk, and have a great ATU unit at the hospital that is tracking everything.  The week after I found out that I was pregnant, I was also diagnosed with thyroid cancer.  One of the more aggressive types.  So I am having surgery on Friday to remove my thyroid and some lymph nodes.  They will wait until after I deliver the baby in Sept to do chemo.  So I am a little overwhelmed right now, and worried about the surgery, having to go under, all that.  I know I have a great team around me, and I pray that everything will go well for the baby's sake.  I just wanted to say hi to all here.  I don't think most people know what to say when they find out about everything going on - so it is nice to have a place to post.

Thanks for listening to my long winded post.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Joining the board

• Options

Welcome to the board and thank you for your story.  I also have seizure disorder and have been on seizure meds since 2000.  I a considered high risk as well because of it.

In regards to the thyroid cancer, I am so sorry to hear about it.  My best friend just had thyroid cancer and had surgery to remove her thyroid.  She is now on thyroid medications and is doing great.

We are here for you on this board!

• Options
    Welcome, though I'm sorry you have to join us. ?:) ?You've certainly been through a lot and I wish you all the best. ?This is a great group of women who are all supportive and on some level know what you're going through. ?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome to the board, though I'm really sorry you have to go through this.

Thank you for sharing your story. I was born with hypothyroidism and now I have a goiter on  my right side. Hoping it goes away.

My prayers are with you that your surgery goes okay and you have a speedy recovery.

This is a great support system and so many people will be here for you if you need to vent etc.

• Options
    Wow, I can imagine that you would be super overwhelmed right now!  I'm sorry for all that you are going through.  I just wanted to say welcome and wish you the best of luck with your upcoming surgery, your pregnancy, and for a speedy recovery all the way around. 
  • Options
    Welcome. I'm sorry you're having to go through all this. We're here if you need to vent or anything else.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Wow, it seems like you're really going through a lot right now!  You are so strong to be getting through all of this!  Welcome to the boards, though I wish you didn't have to be here!

We're here if you need to vent, chat, cry... and we'll all be hoping for nothing but good news!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"