Infertility

I think I'm coming out...

I've been thinking a lot about our IF and how only a few people know. I am typically an open book to strangers or people that I just meet in regards to IF whenever babies, pregnancy, etc. is brought up. But.. Not many people IRL know about our struggles. With National Infertility Awareness Week coming up this month, I think I am going to post about it on Facebook to make people more aware.. I'm not ashamed about my IF and I think more people need to be educated so hopefully, the "You can just adopt", "Just relax" Etc. questions may lessen..

Re: I think I'm coming out...

• That is a great idea! Let us know how it goes.

I would love to come-out on FB as well about our struggles, but DH would seriously kick my ass if I did.

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• mvp12mvp12 member
    imageAssembly_Reqd:

That is a great idea! Let us know how it goes.

I would love to come-out on FB as well about our struggles, but DH would seriously kick my ass if I did.

I'm in the  same situation. My DH will flip out if I did.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemvp12:
    imageAssembly_Reqd:

That is a great idea! Let us know how it goes.

I'm in the  same situation. My DH will flip out if I did.

He even made me take out any pictures that had him in them. Um, paranoid much? (I snuck one in anyway so people wouldn't think I was making him up)

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• You go girl!

I've always been open and honest about my IF - my neighbors know, my friends know, entire family, everyone at work including the president of my school, same goes for DH's family and friends - even parents of some of the kids on his soccer team know because I had a myomectomy last April and they brought us meals for two full weeks (amazing women). AND, I learned that three women on the team had similar issues, and two went to my same doctor, who they dubbed their miracle worker. I think educating others about IF is the first step to having it truly recognized by healthcare that it's a very prevalent problem with our generation. Mom is convinced it's a generational thing - not to say it didn't exist before, we all know it did, but that it's more common today than ever! ?

SAIF/PAIF absolutely ALWAYS welcome to respond!
  • Assembly- My DH is the exact same way on Facebook, he won't let me post any pics of him.  I tried to sneak one in where he's far off in the distance so people know I'm still married and not making it up.  What's with the paranoia, JEEZ!!!  Glad you can relate, ha hahah!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"