Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Sleeping away from home w/2 year old...peapod, PNP or what???

My DD is currently still in a crib (22 months) but we're planning a beach getaway for August when she'll be a little over 2 years.  We have a 1 bedroom place with a queen size bed...what are your tots sleeping in when away from home?  I've read about the peapod but give me your insight and advice!  Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleeping away from home w/2 year old...peapod, PNP or what???

• Options

I always used the PNP for this, even when my kids were in a big girl/boy bed at home.  I kept them in the PNP on the road to keep them from getting out of bed and wandering in an unfamiliar house.  I think both my kids were close to 3 before I switched over to putting them in a bed or on a cot while on vacation.

I don't know what a peapod is, but why buy a separate baby item if you already have a PNP?

BTW, I grew up in Frederick and still live in the area!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • Options
    Our 2 yo climbs out of a PnP so if there is no bed available we generally make a little "bed" on the floor of the room where we are staying with extra blankets, pillows, etc......she doesn't like to sleep with us otherwise we would do that.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love our peapod and we've been using it since DD was about 10 months old.  We bought it for her for her first Christmas and have gotten a lot of use out of it.

It's not necessarily better than a PnP (DD is still in a crib at home), but it takes up less space in the car and somewhat less time to set up and take down.  I especially like it because it is a little easier to take to relative's houses for naps and such.  If you've got the trunk space for the PnP and money for a peapod is tight, then you'll be fine with a PnP.  But if you want an upgrade or know you'll need something additional for another child, the peapod is really nice.

Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
  • Options
    We're going on vacation in July with our ds and we'ere planning to use the PNP. We may need a tent for our PNP since ds was very close to climbing out this weekend.
  • Options
    I make them a bed on the floor.  They think it cool to be able to sleep on the floor.  They usually will end up in bed wiht us sometime in the morning...
  • Options
    We are on vacation right now.  DD and DS are still in cribs at home but we really didn't want to fly with 2 PNP's.  We bought blow up kids air mattresses that have a sleeping bag that fastens to them.  We didn't know if it would work but it has been perfect.  DS is a very still sleeper and he has stayed on it.  I was surprised but DD has stayed in her bed too.  They take up very little room and are very comfy.
  • Options
    We are still using the pack and play, but DD has also slept on an air mattress when traveling--worked out fine.  (and this was when she was 18 months.)
  • Options
    My one comment on a Peapod is that they are "too fun".  more like a mini play house than an obvious place to sleep.  I haven't been able to get DD to sleep in hers since she was an infant, but she loves to play in it!  I have a coworker with a similar problem with her peapod---too fun!
  • Options
    My girls still use PNPs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"