Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Anyone gain weight on vitex?

I've had a fairly sudden weight gain (over 5 lbs over the past month and a half) and I'm trying to identify the culprit. I've been googling my ass off, but so far I've only found one other person asking if vitex caused a weight gain and everyone told that person it was not the culprit.

Here's what I have so far:

- I know my job is not as active as it used to be, but it's been that way for almost a year.

- I eat super duper healthy and haven't made any sudden changes.

- I started taking vitex on 2/3 and have done 2 rounds of soy supplements (5 days each, one in Feb and one in March). Soy can increase your estrogen which can cause a weight gain, but they were only 5 day regimens, so I find it hard to believe they'd be the cause.

Any help?

imageimage

Re: Anyone gain weight on vitex?

• Options
    You know, ever since I started my herbal regime, I have gained weight too. I am not on Vitex, but just wanted to share your pain. I have gained a little over 5 lbs as well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not sure about the vitex, but I was stalking your chart and I'm wondering if your cycles are always as long as your Dec one?  The last full cycle I had (when I got my bfp), I O'd right around day 60'ish... so just thought I'd say hi to a fellow long cycle sufferer :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i gained about 5 lbs in the 4-6weeks that i was on herbs. i definatley attributed it to that - there was no other explanation as my weight has been steady for years. i figured it was just my hormones balancing & the optimal weight that i needed to be at for concieving - it actually put my bmi between 20-21 which i read is ideal.
  • Options
    MSC03MSC03 member

Thank god I am not crazy!! I've been really upset about this (hence my recent mission to start working out.)

Now I just need to decide if the herbs are helping me--like are the benefits outweighing this very negative side effect!

imageimage
  • Options
    imageMrsSummitCounty:

Thank god I am not crazy!! I've been really upset about this (hence my recent mission to start working out.)

Now I just need to decide if the herbs are helping me--like are the benefits outweighing this very negative side effect!

I wonder if it has other side effects such as slowing your metabolism or digestion?  You could possibly be taking in more of what you eat as nutrients versus just excreting them as waste??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"