Infertility

Introduction and question re:

Hi everyone - Just wanted to introduce myself.  DH and I have been trying for just over a year now.  I started seeing a RE fairly early because I knew I might have some problems (had abdominal surgery due to a car accident several years ago and it was always a possibility that scar tissue would result in fertility issues).  HSG was clear which was a shock to my Dr.  Also, I was recently diagnosed hypothyroid.  I am on my second RE and am finally feeling better about getting somewhere, however I am still in that phase where I want to do anything and everything to figure out what the heck is going on. 

This brings me to my question - A friend of mine recommended a doctor that uses the Creighton Model.  It is a Catholic based thing, but they use CM and blood tests to identify possible issues.  I was just wondering if any of you had done this and if so did you think it was worth it?  Llike I said I am in the phase of doing everything.  My DH and parents think I just need to stick with one doctor but the RE's never seem to care about CM.  Any advice would be appreciated.  THANKS!

Re: Introduction and question re:

• I haven't, but I know there's at least 1 yahoo group with women who are very into it.

IMO, if you're open to trying it, it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot, especially since it sounds like you might be more comfortable with it than relying on your RE.

Do your research and decide if it's for you. Check out the Pope Paul VI Institute website for starters.

Good luck.

• That is what I am doing (I may be the only one on this board) due to my DH and I against using any means of ART. I have been seeing my Creighton doc for over a year now and while I feel like we have made progress in fixing my issues (I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own), I still haven't seen a + hpt. I used to see an RE but I felt like she wasn't listening to what I had to say.

It wouldn't hurt to get a 2nd opinion, that way you can decide what you want to do. The two Yahoo groups are catholic-fertility and cin-nfp

Katie, PCOS since May 2005, Fostering since November 2010 Adoption since December 2011 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    *PCOS bio* *Cold Hands, Warm Heart*
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info.  I was just thinking it might be helpful in addition to using the RE, who my DH and I love.  We are starting IUI with Femara and injectibles next cycle so hopefully that will result in a BFP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"