Parenting after a Loss
Options

is there a 7 week growth spurt?

OMFG.  what the heck is going on with my child?  we've been up since before 7am.  she won't nap for more than 5-10 minutes at a time, wakes up screaming (yeah, shower for me = huge FAIL), and only wants to nurse.  i am convinced my supply is low.  i tried pumping after one of her feedings and managed a whole 3/4 an ounce.  she has sucked me dry and is a fussy mess.

i've been trying to get out of the house for the last 2 hours.  i need diapers, wipes and clearly more mother's milk tea.  not to mention, we have NO food in the house.  she won't let me put her down.  i've taken her temp 4 times because i'm so concerned about what is going on with her and it's been fine each time.

growth spurt or does my child just hate me?

Re: is there a 7 week growth spurt?

• Options
    Your child does not hate you.
  • Options
    There is if hadley's having one. Meredith always has one at times when it's not the average time.?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Your child does not hate you. I bet its either a growth spurt or she is just having one of those days.  And those days suck.
  • Options
    She def. doesn't hate you, she might just be having one of those days...those days are horrible.   I hope it gets better soon.
  • Options
    Probably a growth spurt. Leo has them every now and then and they honestly don't follow the "normal" pattern. I swear one day he will blow up like a blimp and eat all day; the next day he is 2 inches taller and skinny and doesn't wanna touch a bottle.
  • Options

She doesn't hate you.  There were many days where DD wanted to do nothing...and I mean nothing...but nurse.  I remember one day where I spent about 3 1/2 hours sitting on the couch with her.  She'd nurse, fall asleep, wake up, nurse, fall asleep...I couldn't do anything!

It really and truly does get better.  I swear.  I think.

• Options
    Maybe she's just hitting the 6-week growth spurt a little late since it landed right smack dab in the middle of her nursing strike.  You will make it through! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"