Schedule? What's that?
Seriously, i am looking forward to reading what others have to say.
(DD has that same sweater. I love it!)
I wouldn't go so far as to say we have a schedule. But here is what we do to pass the time.
- lots of tummy time (I put them in boppys on the couch and I sit on the floor at their eye level and do all kinds of nonsense to entertain them)
- I hold them and dance around the house like a mad woman to some cheesy song I like. For example, today's selection was Ain't No Other Man by Christina Aguilera
- at least one story per day
- time on the play gym while I do singalongs like Itsy Bitsy Spider, The Wheels on the Bus, BINGO, etc. and try to move their feet/hands with the song
- time looking out the window, either from the couch with me or in the bouncy seats that I will put by the sliding glass door. They are fascinated with the world outside the window.
- we try to go for a walk every afternoon that it's not raining
- I sing to them a ton. Both children's songs and ones I like too. They don't seem to have a preference, so I sing whatever I'm in the mood for.
We also have three caregivers (me and DH, who are unemployed, and our Au Pair Angela) - so that may make our schedule a little different that SAHM's:
7am: Babies are fed 7-8oz, by Scot
7-8am: Scot changes diapers, plays with babies on floor, plays puzzles/books with Rowan (who is 20mo)
8am-9am: Angela feeds Rowan and lets the babies play in the living room (exersaucer, jumperoo, tummy time, doorway jumper). She cleans up and lets Rowan play in the living room with them.
9am-11am: Babies get 3-4oz if needed, and are put in their cribs for morning nap. Rowan gets one-on-one playtime or a walk (me and Scot supervise the nap).
11am: Babies have the rest of the 3-4oz and come back to the living room for another hour of entertainment.
Noon: Babies are fed cereal (they are 4.5 months) in high chairs while Rowan and Angela have lunch.
1pm: Rowan goes down for a nap.
1pm-2pm: Babies have tummy time and stories in their room
2pm: Babies eat 5-6oz, then go down for a nap.
2pm-5pm: Babies nap
4-5pm Rowan is up from nap and plays with Scot outside.
5pm-6pm: Scot watches the kids while Angela gets some time off and Erin makes dinner.
6pm: Babies chill out in living room apperatuses while the adults and Rowan eat dinner.
6:30-7:30: We all go on a long walk.
7:30: Rowan and babies get baths (every other night); babies get 8oz.
7:30-8pm: bedtime for Rowan and babies.
Babies usually sleep 8pm-4am, then one or the other will wake. We do the pacifier dance for a few hours and have been refusing feeding until 7am for two weeks now. (It started as no feeding until 3am, then 4, then 5, then 7... we started that at 2months).