Parenting after a Loss
Options

Sueball

I had so much fun yesterday!!!!  and thank you again for lunch : )  I keep thinking about Leo's big smile while in Bumbo - he loves that thing!  I also meant to say you should call/email me when/if you start Ferber.  i'm tellin gyou - you need a support person!  the first night i tried it, i emailed MiaMichelle like very 5 minutes.  for some reason, i consider her the Ferber Expert!  heehee.  And, maybe to help transition Leo into his room you could move his cocoon into his room. that way, he is still in a familiar bed - just a diff room.  then the next week try the crib.  not that i know what i'm talking about.  there is no E.A.S.Y. (haha) way to do it.  whenever you and Leo are ready.  anyway, those were my thoughts while i inched along the 5 South at 10mph.  : )

Re: Sueball

• Options

Hey you! Did you see my post about our little GTG after you left yesterday? I was telling everyone how adorable and happy your little Charlie is... he was such a joy to be around. I could just eat him up. That smile!!!!

Thanks for the CIO pep talk! Yeah, I will totally be emailing/calling you when we start it. I'm sure I will need the backup. And I also have thought about putting to cocoon in Leo's room... not sure if it would be better to transition him to the bassinet in our room first and then go directly to the crib so he gets used to sleeping on a flat surface, or to do what you said and transition the room rather than the bed first. Honestly, I think I will need to do Ferber simultaneously, b/c like last night for instance, I was up at 5am lulling him back to bed every 15 minutes tlll I gave up at 6am and just fed him. I can't imagine going down the hall every 15 minutes when I'm trying to sleep!! So he needs to get better at not waking up and needing attention before I can move him away from arm's reach of my bed. Pretty selfish of me, but whatever- I just don't function well with no sleep!

Anyway. I had a great time yesterday and I am so glad we got to hang out. We need to do it again soon- maybe with husbands too!

• Options

Husbands?  i didn't even think of including them!  but yeah, i like that - i'd love DH to meet you : )   

i'm not so sure about transitioning from cocoon to bassinet to crib.  i say skip the bassinet.   but i see where you're coming from.  that's a tough one. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"