Infertility
Options

Can you help me with stupid med question

So all our meds arrived.  Clinic orders them, they arrive in the mail, then on CD3 when I go in for bloodwork they give me a calendar.  I just have a question until then.  I see I have both clomid and bravelle.  Am I right that they will only have me doing one or the other and not both?  And Ovidrel is the trigger shot?  Thanks for helping me get my head in this game before Thursday. 

Re: Can you help me with stupid med question

• Options

You can do Bravelle kind of in conjunction with clomid, that sound as though what might be going on. It kind gives your follies a boost.

Ovidrel is a trigger, yes. 

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    On two of my IUI's I took Bravelle and Clomid together.  like PP said that sounds like that is the plan, GL.
    Started to TC March 07 - FT started July 07 5 Cycles of Clomid all negative BFN - 4 Cycles Clomid/Brevelle all BNF Aug 08 Start first IVF - Sept 08 Failed IVF FET Nov 08 - BFP 11/17/08 BETA 89 - Dec 2008 No Heart Beat - Dec 19 D&C March/April 2009 Starting IVF Cycle. BFN July Ovarian Drilling Polyps Removed IUI Dec 1 09 - Dec 18 BFP - Beta 96 - 2nd Beta 267.9 It's got to happen some time right? And...... It Did!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, that definitely helps me understand. 
  • Options
    epphdepphd member

Bravelle is a purified mix of FSH and LH.  Whereas clomid works on your brain to tell your body to stimulate the ovaries, bravelle will work directly on your ovaries to help them mature eggs.  This should also boost your estradiol level, which will help with your CM and lining.  Bravelle is an injectable med.  The ovidrel is hCG, and will trigger ovulation.

HTH!

I am a runner, knitter, scientist, DE-IVF veteran, and stage III colon cancer survivor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"