Parenting after a Loss
Options

i stink

literally.  i really need to find ways to shower more than twice a week.  ick.

off to attempt one now.  please cross your fingers she doesn't wake up screaming bloody murder while i've got shampoo in my spit up filled hair. 

Re: i stink

• Options
    Good luck...could you bring her in the bathroom w/you on her boppy, bouncer, or swing.  That is what I usually do.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My advice.... take a shower with her.... I do this and the only downfall is when you get out there is really no blow drying your hair..  ds also wants to go to sleep right when we get out so I always end up rocking him and by the time he is asleep my hair is dry. 

Anyway what I do is take the boppy in the bathroom put him in the boppy in his diaper and jump in the shower and wash myself in 2.5 secs! .... then step out and grab ds.  That way we kill two birds with one stone.  He gets bathed and so do I and ..... he wants to sleep after!!  GL I know it is crazy hard to get a shower among other things! 

• Options
    this is probably bad, but I sit ella in her papasan chair in the middle of our bed and she watches tv while i'm in the shower.  And while I get ready if she starts getting fussy, I just put her chair in the doorway of the bathroom (bc our bathroom is so stinking small) and she watches me get ready. otherwise she's fine while i get a shower and get ready in her chair on the bed watching some tv ( i normally have it on a music channel) and I also walk out of the bathroom and talk to her in between doing make up or my hair. she likes the sound of the blow dryer too!
  • Options

May - i've been totally MIA all week, but Sueball told me yesterday about the scare with Hadley and the hospital!  my goodness!!!!  poor little Miss Hadley and Poor Momma May! 

thinking of you,

swell

• Options

Is she big enough for the bouncer chair. I put DS in it and I think he enjoys listening to the water/fan.

Good luck!

• Options
    me too!! ?I am foul.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto on the putting her in the shower idea. Little dude freakin' loves the water already. I have a pretty big shower, and I just put his tub on the floor where the water (and my shapmoo, etc) don't run on him. He gets clean, I get clean...it's all good. I do this even when he's not cranky, b/c I usually have to sneak in a shower when DD is taking a nap. I just throw on a robe and then get him out and dry. He's usually happy for a while after he's been in the water, so I can get dressed and at least brush through my hair while he hangs out in the swing. If she's not into that, try putting her in a bouncy seat in the bathroom w/ you. Turn some music on and leave the shower door or curtain open so she can see you. That worked w/ DD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"