Parenting after a Loss
Options

Montessori School for a 6 month old?

Do you guys think I'm wacked out to put my 6 month old in a Montessori school? Well, whenever they can accept her which may be 2-6 months from now. I'm looking more and more into daycares vs. the nanny situation. Although she (nanny) is getting better, I just think Riley will thrive more in a daycare enviornment. We're also looking at the Goddard Schools- any input on that? FYI they are the same $ as reg daycares in our area- and nannies for that matter so no we're not loaded. i wish:)

Thanks!

Re: Montessori School for a 6 month old?

• Options
    I like some components of the Montessori schools but they aren't for every type of child.  I would start with a Montessori school verse a traditional day care though and you can always move her if it isn't the right fit. 
  • Options

How much do you know about Montessori?  It's a very interesting philosophy- though not for every child.  Like pp said- try it out.  You can always switch.

I worked at a Goddard School in OH.  I taught PreK and didn't spend much time on the baby side of the building.  But, I know that the infant and toddler teachers loved their little ones.  They are required to have lesson plans and had just as much- if not more- daily parent communication than we did.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We were going to put DD in a Montessori at 6 weeks before I decided to work part time.  I read the book "Montessori from the start: The Child at home from birth to age three" and found it interesting, took some of it and left the rest.  There are different schools of Montessori thought, so the one you're looking at may vary.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"