Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

When did you start on your nursery?

How far along were you when you started on your nursery?

Re: When did you start on your nursery?

• Options
    I'm 22 weeks now and we just started with getting primer on all the walls. As soon as I choose a paint color we'll paint!
  • Options
    I was about 22 weeks...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I ordered my furniture around 20 weeks (because it took so long to get in).  The furniture is in, but the nursery is still currently the guest room.  I'm going to start clearing out the guest room furniture this weekend and maybe get the crib & dresser set up next weekend.

• Options

I'm 33 weeks and I still having started... Tongue Tied We are converting the family room into a playroom so that the playroom can be the baby's room and we are also getting a new kitchen and sprucing up the whole place so its taking some more time than expected. I still can't make up my mind about bedding! LOL

The baby will be in a cradle in my room for the first few weeks regardless so I'm not in a major rush.

• Options
    It's taking all my willpower not to start already.  I want to know what we're having (only 2 more weeks!) and dh is finishing the basement so we can move the computer room downstairs.  SO.... I'm trying to be patient, but I'm definitely obsessing about the nursery.  I only hope when I can finally start I'm not too exhausted to enjoy it.
  • Options
    Looking back, it was ridiculously early, but we started at about 16 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    At about 20 weeks. I wanted to know what we were having before I ordered furniture. It took about 2+ months to get her furniture in
  • Options

We started both nurseries when I was about 8 months pregnant.  With DD's we had just moved so we couldn't start any earlier.  Then with DS, we first did a big girl room for DD, then started the nursery. 

I'm hoping to start earlier this time, but we are going to do such major room swapping (finish basement, move playroom to basement, DS to playroom, update nursery) that I don't think we will get to it much earlier.

DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • Options
    If clearing out the junk in the room counts, then I'm starting this weekend:) Then once the weather gets nice enough to where I can leave the windows open for a while I'll paint.  We plan on keeping the gender a surprise so I don't see any reason for waiting until the big ultrasound. I also want to have it done before the 3rd tri so that as I accumulate more baby stuff I can just put it away where it belongs, rather than have boxes stashed everywhere.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Options

With DS, we started around 24 weeks since we had just moved. This time around, I'm almost 32 weeks and we plan on painting this weekend. I already know the bedding and furniture, we just need to order it.

• Options
    I ordered the crib bedding around 18 weeks and I ordered the furniture and DH started painting at 20 weeks.  The furniture arrived around 24 weeks.  I found wall decals, curtains,  picture frames and an area rug between 24 and 28 weeks and I just got our rocker/glider tonight which was the last big thing I needed.  I just need to add some finishing touches....it still seems so bare in there.  I have a baby shower in April and one in May and I think it will be nice to have the nursery ready so I can put everything away when I get it.  It was nice not to have to buy everything at once.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

My parents will be staying here Easter weekend.  So as soon as they leave will start disammbling the guest room and turning it into the nursery.  Guess my parents will be sleeping on the sofa sleeper for all future visits!

With DD, her nursery was completed by early April and she was due mid June.

• Options
    10 weeks... We are making it gender neutral so we don't have to redo it a second time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We started when I was about 22 weeks, but we had some structural renovations to do (one of the walls needed to be replaced and we had to run new electric).

We are 98% done now, I just need curtains, a picture for the wall and a side table.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'll be 24 weeks tomorrow and I just ordered the crib this morning.  I picked a paint color yesterday(just picked, didn't buy) and I haven't even started to clean out the room yet.
  • Options
    We ordered our furniture from jcp at 15 weeks...and it was delivered in less than a week...so now Im 16 weeks and my furniture is all put together.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DH just got done painting today. He started on Monday. I'm 25 weeks.

I wanted to be done by 30 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"