Preemies
Options

Last RSV shot for the season

Brandon had his last RSV shot for the season today. He weighed 16 pounds, 1 ounce (almost 9 months actual, almost 6 months corrected) so he had to actually get two shots. He screamed and then cried and cried. I have to call the pulminologist in August to see if he will qualify again next year. Unfortunately he is still not allowed out in public because two babies were hospitalized at our hospital this past month so RSV is still in the community. The pulminologist said I have to wait until May 1st to start taking him out. He said usually it is done in NJ the beginning of April but this season is lasting a little longer. At least it is starting to get nice out so that we can at least go on walks. I have been going stir crazy the last few weeks. We have made it this long though so I know I can make it one more month. Brandon's health is more important than going out in public and I would rather have him not going out in public for another month than wind up hospitalized with RSV.
Conceived twins with IVF January 2008. Lost baby a at 20 1/2 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes and held onto baby b. Baby b (Brandon) born at 26 weeks and 1 day on July 5, 2008. Wesley born full term on June 29, 2011. My blog http://karenandstu.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image

Re: Last RSV shot for the season

• Options

Aubrey's last shot will be a week from today.  I didn't realize they had to give two shots at a certain weight?  I'm guessing Aubrey will be around 15 1/2 to 16 lbs.  Two shots - poor babies!!!

We can't take her out yet either.  RSV season has been a long one around here.  We're just assuming May 1st is our official-out-of-the-bubble date too.  We've been having such craptastic weather that we haven't even gotten to go out for walks.  I think we are all ready to lose our minds!  We would have to have the worst winter ever on record this year!  Thank you Mother Nature.

• Options

Robinson had his March shot on Friday, so we'll still get one more the end of April.  Our RSV season has been winding down so the pedi wants us to start taking him out slowly...I'm a nervous wreck.  It's reunion weekend at my college this weekend and we are going b/c it's outside.  My parents are coming along so that we can take Robinson and walk around early in the morning when not a lot of people are out and then my parents can take him back to the hotel after lunch...I'm very apprehensive about it, but I guess we have to get him out sometime.

The 2 shots stunk...Robinson was 16 pounds 10 ounces, so he and Brandon are very close in size.  BTW...I LOVE the video of Brandon sitting.  Robinson is doing the same thing- for about a minute or so, then he tries to stand and wobbles over.  He is NOT a fan of sitting, he'd much rather stand- crazy kid.  Smile

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    can he qualify for extended season coverage? my pedi is petitioning my insurance because he wants jack to have one more shot (which would be end of april, extending RSV coverage to the end of may). he was pretty insistent about it and ready to take on insurance. perhaps your doctor could do the same? jack starts daycare tomorrow and on top of being a nervous wreck about having to go back to work, i am terrified he is going to get sick. the extra coverage for the month of may is putting my mind a little bit at ease.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"