Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Rpst: How can I fix my ds nap schedule?

Reposting from the 12-24 month boards. hopefully I can get some tips.

Ds bed time is  8pm  and wakes up at 7:30 a.m . 

He takes one nap goes down 12 noon and sleeps for 2-3 hours

Ok here is the problem he is now napping only 45 min to 1hr .    Now i'm not sure if this is normal because I know their naps change but I thought it would happen at a older age like 3.   

Anyways so last week friday and saturday I drove out to the city, it is a little over a hour away . I hardly ever visit my family but "had" to go and had to leave before traffic and hoping ds would fall asleep in the car. He slept the same time in the car both days around 11:30 am.

Well he did and only slept for 45 minutes, same thing on saturday had to go back and only slept in the car for about 1hr.

So Sunday and Monday was a normal day and both days when I put him down at 12 noon he only napped for 45 minutes.  Both times he woke up screaming, I also let him cry for a bit to see if he would fall asleep but no go. Iwent in checked on him and rocked him for a bit but would not go back to sleep.        He has also been teething pretty bad the past 5 days , has 4 coming in and two broke skin and still has two more that are ready to come in as well.

So I dont know did those two days throw him off so fast on his nap schedule?    

Is the teething pain making him wake up?   Bad dreams?   

Or is this normal for him to start sleeping less?            I will tell you that even though he sleeps so little he is not fussy  till bedtime.

If he still needs to sleep 2-3 hours how do i get him back on schedule?

thanks

Re: Rpst: How can I fix my ds nap schedule?

• Options
    Well, I am not a lot of help but Paige is 19 months and sleep 3-4 hours - same schedule as your LO.  Wakes at 7:30-8:00 bedtime is at 8:00. She goes down for nap at 12:30 and wakes anywhere between 3 and 4:30.  If she doesn't get a full nap she is a GROUCH! I would say because he isn't grumpy - maybe he just doesn't need the sleep?!  I don't really know?!  May be a question for your pedi?! Sounds like you are doing the right thing trying to get him back to sleep - it could possibly be teething pain!  Have you tried some tylenol or orajel or something for the pain before he goes down?!  Just a thought!  GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Could he be getting molars? A sure sign of painful teeth for DS is waking early from naps and SCREAMING. It affects his naps way more than his nighttime sleep (maybe because he is so freaking tired from not napping) and often happens right before we can see or feel anything in his mouth.

Also, DS went through a phase a month or so ago where he would wake early (after 45 minutes or an hour) crying but I could go in, rub his back, and he would fall back asleep. Rubbing his back or going in has NEVER worked before, but we had a 2 week period where this happened.

They like to keep us on our toes :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD's schedule is totally off when she's teething. She'll rarely take a nap and stops sttn...always wakes up screaming. I would just try to get through the teething before changing his schedule.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"