North Carolina Babies
Options

Fly or Drive?

Would you rather fly (probably non-stop) or drive to Orlando with an 11 month old?

I think I know the answer to this one Smile... but DH pitched driving. I'm not so sure about that. Although flying with her (and all her things) scares me too!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Fly or Drive?

• Options
    Fly, for sure.  My 10 month old would never sit still in the car for that long!  Holly will be mobile by then, and she'll want to be on the move.  A 2 hour plane right sounds much better than 12 hours in the car! :)
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Are you staying with friends or in a hotel when you get there? It may be easier to drive through the night so you can bring your own carseat, pack-n-play, etc. I imagine it's hard to pack for flying with a little one. Yes, the flight itself would be easier than the drive (which is why I suggested night driving).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think flying would be a much better way to go. Granted my child isn't that old yet so I dunno, but when DS was about 9 weeks old we drove to Florida (near panama city) and he did great in the car but he was still at that age where he would sleep a ton so it wasn't too big of a deal but it was very exhausting for me (and my IL's were the ones driving). Some of the smaller stuff u could prolly wait and just get when u get down to Orlando. At least by then she will prolly be eating table food so u prolly wouldn't have to worry about brining foods. And i'm sure u could get a porta crib at the hotel and also by then she could be in a small umbrella stroller.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Fly.  We flew to KY last summer, and it would have been an 8 hour drive, probably longer with a baby.  There was a little extra planning involved, like how to check the carseat, etc, but well worth it.  We rented a car and used our own carseat.  We stayed in a hotel and used a hotel crib.  I probably wouldn't do that again, but it worked.  I would pay extra to check a pnp next time.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Drive... I like the idea of not having to rent a car, being able to bring all of your stuff- car seats, strollers, toys, etc. We've done several long car trips and granted they can be taxing but if timed correctly its not so bad. I'd consider driving at night so she would sleep most of the way. I'd also take into consideration how well she travels in her car seat. If you drive you may consider half way one day stop stretch your legs and sleep then drive the other half the next day.

• Options
    Fly! Maddie is pretty good in the car, but even she got very antsy by the end of our trip down to my parent's house....and that was only 4 hours! And she doesn't sleep very easily in the car anymore. Even if she does fall asleep, she wakes up a lot more frequently and so she gets cranky from not getting good rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"