Infertility
Options

Ladies that changed RE's?

How did you know it was time to switch?  I am now on my 5th IUI, which just ended in a BFN (I started spotting at 11dpiui).

I do not have IVF coverage through insurance, but I have a feeling that is where I am heading.  

How did you know when it was time to see another RE?  I like mine, but the office staff has started sucking big time lately.  I also did not like how the RE didn't tell me how many follies I had this time.

Re: Ladies that changed RE's?

• Options

I switched RE after my RE refused to let DH go to a Urologist - he said there was no need - which he was totally wrong about - after three failed IUI's - he wanted to do a Lap on me and I was not ready and also his office did not do back to back IUI's and was not open on the weekends - all of that made me switch - the RE I have now - let me do three more IUI's before my Lap and then another one after the Lap - he is open on the weekends and does back to back IUI's - plus he is the best in the area and I want the best as I move forward with IVF.  IVF with my new RE costs $ 16,000 but I could go back to my old RE and pay $ 10,000 - but my thought is you get what you pay for.

I am so sorry you got another BFN - I know how hard that hurts - ((((HUGS)))  Good Luck with whatever decision you make.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sounds like it's time.

We knew at our first visit, but we stuck it out until all of our initial testing was done.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gina I am so sorry. Talk to Abbie she switched RE's
  • Options

I went to two other RE's for consults before I switched.  I could not stand the office staff.  Now, I can't stand my RE either. 

After my appt with one of the other dr's, I knew I would use him.  I came out of my appt and breathed a sigh of relief that I wouldn't have to go back to my dr ever again!  I was always tense, upset at my appts.  Probably because I would sit in the waiting room for an hour to find out..oops they forgot me!  It happened more than once.  Never got the warm and fuzzies.

I'd say switch if you are even asking this question!

GL

• Options

we knew it was time to switch after our 3rd failed ivf with one RE.  he hadn't changed the protocol at all, wasn't going to for ivf #4, and didn't recommend further testing.  we moved to another very reputable RE in the area, and within the first month, we were able to discover that i had a uterine tissue defect which could be remedied with extra progesterone.  we did really like the old office, but couldn't go through more failed ivfs.

good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was about to switch last June/July but then i found out i was pg...when it ended in a m/c i didn't like the fact that they refused to refer me to a peri (it was my second m/c) I also had a major problem with the way the nursing staff talked to me over the phone and acted like they were being bothered by me when i asked questions..

I started hvaing the same problems (no period) like i did b/f i started to see them...when i asked one of the nurses how long i should wait to call back if i still don;t get a period...she said, "in a month" i said, "oh wow i have been waiting 2 months already." Then she said, "how about 2 weeks? does that make you happier?" That was it for me...

Plus, i was starting to realize that my old RE didn't do as much monitoring as some of my friends were getting..they also seem to have one way to do things instead of customizing things for your specific issues...it was just time and i am so glad i switched so far

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"