Multiples
Options

Ear infection...how do you know?

So how do you know if they have an ear infection...Colton has been a bit on the cranky side..has been waking up a ton a night and just seems "off". We were around a sick baby two weekends ago, he had really bad allergies and then I got wicked sick and was really worried about passing whatever it was on.

I don't know if it is of course more teeth coming in or if he has something going on with his ears ect.

Re: Ear infection...how do you know?

• Options
    I guess whenever mine had an ear infection, they had a?fever and I took them to the doctor for that. I hope it's just teething!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For us, our DS's never had a fever (well once) - but everytime they got a cold, it would eventually turn into an ear infection.  So, I'd bring them to the Dr. a few days into the cold and sure enough, ear infection.  I would bring him in to be on the safe side.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey girl, we bought a home ear infection dector thingy at CVS so far it has been accurate.  It is $50 I think.  Hope he feels better. 

I also need your advice...I have out of town family coming on tomorrow and the weather looks craptastic for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.  We were planning on going downtown and the outlets any ideas where we could go if the weather is really bad?

• Options

Collectively, we've had 5 ear infections and only once was there a noticeable fever.  The other times I brought them in was b/c there was something "off."  mother's instincts.  Max was really tired and wouldn't eat and Luke starts waking early from naps and throughout the night.

Crazy thing, TWICE, I brought them both in (I always do) and it was the opposite kid who had the ear infection :)  Makes me doubt the "instincts"

I used to think my mom friends were crazy to bring their kids to the pedi so often.  Really?  I'm sure you're kids' fine!  And then, along came these little creatures who can't communicate w/ you so -- when in doubt, off to the pedi we go. 

• Options
    when the boys had EIs, the only symptom they'd show is screaming in the middle of the night. being horizontal is more painful with EIs. but lots of kids get fevers or are cranky during the day. if they had a cold recently, i'd get their ears checked. hmm...
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

thanks ladies...i am going to call and get them in today. yeah something is just off but they have no classic signs other than being big booger butts the last few days and waking up wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much at night!

kerri...lemme think...things to do...the aquarium has the penguins now so that would be fun. depending on who is in town you guys could go do a gymboree class....you could go and walk around the museum downtown..it is actually pretty cool...do you know where it is? I will keep thinking because i have family in town also.

• Options
    When I brought the boys in last week to be checked, the ped said she was shocked she hadn't seen us before then over the winter for an "ear check". She told us that it's completely normal to swing in to have the ears looked at when babes show signs...which are very random and do NOT always have a fever.
  • Options

we have an appointment at 11:30....fingers crossed it is nothing but some teeth coming in!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"