Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Early m/c, chem pg questions...

I spotted for about 6 days (brown) around when AF was due, and then got a BFP last Thursday. Tonight, I started bleeding red and just took a pg test and it is very light (with concentrated urine). I'm pretty sure i'm having m/c #3.

Questions:

-Did you go to doc to get HCG levels monitored (to put the m/c "on the books"?) I don't want to go through the whole exam, I just want to request bloodwork...

- I had D&C's with my first two m/c's, but probably wouldn't need one with a c/p, right?  How bad is the pain? Is there anything to 'pass'?

-How long to wait before trying again after c/p?

We are beyond devastated to have this happen for the third time this year. I feel like we are never going to have our baby :(

Re: Early m/c, chem pg questions...

• Options

I'm so sorry.  If you are really early along there shouldn't be anything to "pass".... just like a heavy period.  I would take some motrin, etc.  Your doc should be able to do blood work to confirm IF you want.  We opted not to when this happened to us last October.  My OB advised that there really aren't false positives.. so I would say you are right that this is a CP.

Good luck... I'll say a prayer for you....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You need to at least call your ob/gyn and tell him/her of your situation.  You may not want an exam, but the status of your cervix and uterus are both important.  You should get an ultrasound in addition to serial betas.  If this is indeed a third loss, you will need a work up for RPL.  

I am truly sorry for your losses.  :(  Don't delay calling the doctor....you may still have a viable pregnancy.  Yes it seems far fetched but don't give up all hope until you have all of your information.

And no you wouldn't need a d&c - there is no tissue to curette.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am still battling with myself if I should call my doctor the next time I'm pregnant.  I almost don't want to deal with the HCG levels going up- then going down again.  But on the other hand after three losses most doctors will want to run extensive tests, so you do need them documented.

My last pg my doctor called a "chemical something" because I was farther along then most chemical pregnancies- yet nothing ever developed.  Just beta levels that went up and then started coming down.  When I should have been almost 7 weeks I had two days of very heavy and at sometimes gushing bleeding with a lot of clots, but that was all I ever had.

• Options
    imageDeva527:

I am still battling with myself if I should call my doctor the next time I'm pregnant.  I almost don't want to deal with the HCG levels going up- then going down again. 

I have thought about this quite a bit too and feel the same.  I don't want to ignore going to the doctor in case there is something they can do to help (prostregen suppliments or something), but on the other hand, I'd rather not have the constant tests and being in limbo.  I don't know what I'm gonna do....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"