Boston Babies
Options

Cord Blood Banking

Does anyone have any experience with New England Cord Blood Bank?  I've seen all of the advertisements for ViaCord and CBR, but l wanted to see if anyone had used New England Cord Blood Bank.

Re: Cord Blood Banking

• Options
    My husband and I are thinking of using this bank. I have been doing some research. I found there add in "Fit Pregnancy". I went to there site and requested the welcoming package. It goes over everything in great detail. Also, there is a business card for their customer service rep for any additional questions. I thought it was very helpful. Good Luck!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have also been researching cord blood.  We've found that if the company goes out of business, you have no protection.  You loose your money and the stored cord blood.  I think that Johnson & Johnson bought ViaCord so you might want to consider them b/c of the J&J name.  But in today's world a larger company with a name really doesn't mean anything anymore.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Here is an interesting article on cord blood banking:

https://www.webmd.com/news/20070103/aap-opposes-private-cord-blood-banking

Basically, keep in mind that the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)does not support PRIVATE banking. Costs and statistics on potential future use should be carefully considered. If your hospital supports PUBLIC banking (relatively new), this could be of great benefit to us all!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"