Infertility
Options

Having a Hysterosalpinography tomorrow....

I'm kinda nervous about it. My husband and I have been trying for about 10 months and my Dr. suggested getting some testing done to determine whether I have a blockage of some kind. TTC has been briefly put on hold since I was put on BC to hopefully shrink or get rid of this cyst on my right ovary. Last ultrasound it measured at 5cm! I also had a Myomectomy in 2007 to remove a huge fibroid. Every time I turn around I have some sort of growth which is just heart breaking, but I'm trying to keep a positive attitude. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone has had this test? I'm just curious as to what to expect? Thanks

Re: Having a Hysterosalpinography tomorrow....

• Options
    Hi! Such a scary long word huh? On this board people call it an HSG if you want to look at posts about this test....I had it done recently...it was really quick and pretty much as uncomfortable as a pap. Now I have heard from people that it can be painful depending on your situation. Also bring a pad...they give you one but I liked having my own 'brand'. It does leak out for a bit and its yellow which is a little disconcerting. Hopefully yours will be quick and painless as well!!!! GLSmile
  • Options

It can be intimidating, but no biggie at all.  The procedure is similar to a pap, but then insert a syringe and inject a dye to view any blockage in your tubes.  The dye circulating in there felt (to me) like strong pd cramps, but it went away quickly.  I was entertained during the procedure looking at the monitor.  I felt some minor cramping the rest of the day, and some bloat.  I spotted lightly for about 5 days, which I was told was completely normal.

Best of luck to you.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my HSG this past Friday. Check out my blog (in siggy), to see what I posted about how it all went! GL to you! It's not as bad as everyone says it is, it really just all depends on your tolerance of the cramping, and who is performing your HSG.
  • Options

I had one recently.  My advice is take some advil before (I took 4 just in case Big Smile), bring your own pad or you have to have one of those giant ones that feels like a diaper,  and watch the monitor - that totally took my mind off of any sort of discomfort.  The nurses in the room were totally cool and made me laugh a lot and that helped.  Good luck to you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"