Baby Names
Options

Emery Jean

Is Emery too masculine?  I really like the name Emmy but don?t know how that will be when she grows up, may sound too young? 

So I was thinking Emery Jean (Jean after my great grandma) so we could still call her Emmy or Em.  Any thoughts?

Re: Emery Jean

• Options
    what about Emily?
  • Options

I don't mind Emery, but it does seem unisex to me. If you are looking for something more feminine, we have Emelia as a full name for Emme on our list.

imageimageimage
                                     **DS 12/17/10** **#2 Due 2/14/15**

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

To me, Emery is extremely masculine.  DH's family is full of Emory's, all male. 

If you like the nickname Emmy, why not use a more traditional name like Emily? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Options
    LMS05LMS05 member
    imageDarcyLongfellow:

To me, Emery is extremely masculine.? DH's family is full of Emory's, all male.?

If you like the nickname Emmy, why not use a more traditional name like Emily??

Agree. Emily Jean is adorable.?

• Options

I despise Emery for a girl. I have always, and will always, consider it a boy's name.?

I agree, Emily would be a nice feminine alternative, and it flows equally well with Jean. ?

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    To answer your question, yes, it is very masculine, especially coupled with the middle name Jean. Emily is a much better alternative, even if super popular. Or how about Emilia?
  • Options
    I like Emery!  I have one in my class now but she spells it Emerie.
  • Options
    I like Emilia, nn Emmy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    A name I've heard around my area a few times recently has been Emerson. Don't know what you think about that, but one family I know call their DD Emmy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I agree - Emery is very masculine.

Also, (even though it is my own mn!) I do think that Jean seems masculine with this name.  I would think if I saw "Emery Jean" I would assume it was a boy.

There are lots of similar, more feminine options that you could use.

• Options
    Emery does sound unisex, but paired with Jean I think it sounds too masculine.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Angel Baby: 5/29/08

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"